Heal Over Time (on the map) Version 2.2.3 is up!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if I can use it without Icon, when state is ON, and if its a structure to do -10
or +10 (color based) (-10 or +10 in red = HP, blue for MP, green for poison etc.
than yes, its perfect (I will test it later and hopefully compitable with my other
plugins. but that would be awesome :)

is interval ediable with the amount of steps?

like intervall 200 can be interval "steps" because SRD_SlipDamage is based on steps.
so if I can use it together, it would be awesome.

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The colors will be possible to be set for every state that you define. So here's three examples of states you could define that all work differently but in the same project:
  • "State 1": it heals 30 points HP each 400 frames. You set its color to green and to not use its state icon. The old popup will appear, stating something like "Actor gains 30 (HP icon)", in green text.
  • "State 2": it damages for 10 points MP each 200 frames. You set the color to purple and to use its state icon. The popup will appear, stating something like "(State's icon) Actor loses 10 MP", in purple text.
  • "State 3": it heals for 5 points MP each 300 frames. You don't change its color and don't set it to use its state icon. The old popup will appear as it used to appear in previous versions of the plugin. (Something like "Actor gains 5 (MP icon)" in white text.)
The interval is based on frames only right now. I think I could add an option to make some (or all) states based on steps instead. But I have looked at SRD's Slip Damage plugin a bit, and I feel I would be "re-inventing the wheel" if I added a similar functionality. :kaoswt2:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got most state dmg based on steps, so if database take 70 steps untill it removed,
srd slipdmg also removed after 70 steps, but the dmg taken is 3 or 5 instead
of the default of 10 steps.

some states are based on the HP, and cores, if hp default is 250, and you ake 10%
every 15 steps, it takes 25 hp dmg, but when its, cores has 4 for example, it can
take around 48 dmg every 15 steps. so I need to see if I get those dmg pop up.

if there is a easy way to do that, make it happen, it has a nice view, as well
for flashing the screen for an insight how much hp they lose.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
┻┻︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵┻┻

Oooh, ooh! Since we are on the subject, would there be a way, to display the total amount after both heal and damage are done?

I havnt looked into using the negatives yet but I definitely will because this is a game changer!

Last edited:

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I'm afraid I don't understand what you want me to do. :frown: Is it just a matter of switching the interval from frames to steps? Other than that, a screen flash shouldn't be hard to implement, but I have to look into it.

@Jenova That would be possible if I keep track of it in some way, yes. I'm not sure about the way to display the total amount in the end - not the technical aspect but the visual one. Would just another popup that says something like "Actor was fully healed for x HP" work for you? That final popup could optionally replace the individual ones. Hmmm...!

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova That would be possible if I keep track of it in some way, yes. I'm not sure about the way to display the total amount in the end - not the technical aspect but the visual one. Would just another popup that says something like "Actor was fully healed for x HP" work for you? That final popup could optionally replace the individual ones. Hmmm...!
I think math might be needed here.

Uh, like:
heal (positive number) + damage (negative) number = end result

And then add something like

If
[end result] is negative
then display
"[Actor] has taken x [Icon set]"

else display
"[Actor] has healed x [icon set]"

Sorry, had to put it into words for it to become clear, mostly for me. But it seems like a bit of conditional branching is needed too. :/

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD has screenflash already, same with one of yanfly plugins on tile based.
but if you can manage the pop up to come from steps, no matter where the
dmg come from, code from other plugins, than it just show the pop up, but
if that doesn't work, than I see what I can do with interval part.

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova Oh, I see. So this would be about the interaction of multiple healing/damaging states? But when would this info get triggered? Once the last of all currently active healing/damaging states on the actor expires?

@ShadowDragon I think I understand now. Well the popups I am using are coming from Mr. Trivel's popup plugin. I think doing what you request would mean either modifying his plugin (to accept those sources of triggers), or modifying SRD's and Yanfly's plugins (to trigger popups themselves). And all of that is outside my "authority". The only other option I could see would be coding addons/extensions to their plugins - but those I would prefer to keep standalone from this plugin. (And I don't know if I want to tackle that anyway, at least at this time.) Since what you're suggesting is technically outside the scope of my Heal Over Time plugin.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
true, I seeif I can use it in a different way. else in a different project. its a usefull plugin though =)

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova Oh, I see. So this would be about the interaction of multiple healing/damaging states? But when would this info get triggered? Once the last of all currently active healing/damaging states on the actor expires?
Op. Now I get why you asked that question. It would be kinda hard to have both as one popup if the user defines the time themselves.

I was gonna say once every loop, but then again, it's defined by the user.

I'm not sure then. :/

Yea, maybe not a good idea. Lmao

Edit: I have officially used the negatives in a state and it wont get removed even when using the custom remove code after death. I think there should be a check for death state when removing states?

Last edited:

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Op. Now I get why you asked that question. It would be kinda hard to have both as one popup if the user defines the time themselves.

I was gonna say once every loop, but then again, it's defined by the user.

I'm not sure then. :/

Yea, maybe not a good idea. Lmao

Edit: I have officially used the negatives in a state and it wont get removed even when using the custom remove code after death. I think there should be a check for death state when removing states?
Yeah, that is a difficulty with the popups.

About the negative states, that's not surprising since I haven't uploaded the new version where they are properly implemented yet. :kaoswt2: This will only come in 2.3.0, the version that I am currently taking suggestions for further improvements/features for.

ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any plans to port this beauty over to MZ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harwin