Health Issues and Impacts on Publicity (or Accommodating the Coronavirus Crisis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As you all know by now the coronavirus crisis is impacting the entire world and I wanted to take a minute to ask you all of how and if the situation has had any impact on your plans, projects etc. In ny case I have a digestive issue that I don't want to mix this with, and have withdrawn my plans to save up for PAX West later this year as a result of this. Furthermore, I am considering a delay of my game into early 2021 to accommodate certain plot changes in light of the situation (as I obviously don't want to be an insensitive brat with respect for this chain of events).

As always, please share all thoughts and prayers that you can for those who have been affected by the ongoing situation.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont believe much of this corona virus part and I wont stop from making stuff I like :)
continue your lifeis the best part you can do. Enjoy life, Leave all the negative behind you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you're in China, or another country close to China (like Japan), the coronavirus shouldn't be something to worry about... yet.

Personally, it affected a bit my life. Some of you guys know, but I'm Asian (well half) and I help out my mother at her pharmacy (I'm a tech in the lab), and we are a pharmacy that have a huge Chinese clientele, especially Cantonese (from Hong Kong and Guangdong). Let me tell you, they are all coming to see us to buy masks like crazy (regular masks and N95 ones). I have never seen anything like this.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will be hard to believe what they all say lately:
1st) it is contagious
2nd) few days later, it ain't
3rd) we dont need to worry
4th) mouth mask can avoid the sickness (false)
5th) than they say, it's to small to and you get it anyway
6th) mouth caps are useless (but they still wear them.

what will you believe? Corona is also a beer. I dont believe the journals and politics
or anything out of their mouth.

They mostly tell lies and if there is a virus, its most the oppesite which is not.
maybe they let US think its there, they are manupulating us, well.. not me :) (no offense though)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another thing I just realized is that I literally wrote a full-scale poison brew cleanup job that I obviously have to change because of this. Originally it was supposed to be a parallel to real-world meth cooks but as it could legitimately affect the general population in the game world I obviously don't feel comfortable with leaving it in. (I may also drop a similar situation that involves the consequences of vaccination conspiracy theories but that is not yet decided on.)

So basically speaking, this is as much to discuss any creative changes as it is for publicity, trade etc. and I wanted to add that in for clarification purposes.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4th) mouth mask can avoid the sickness (false)
Slight correction: regular mask can't protect from the virus, but N95 masks do (and other more specialized and intense mask too).

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not even those, the sides of them are always open to slip in. Dont take to much of those things you hear :)
live your life, it's ruined for the most part anyway :)

You are robbed the whole life on the day you are born (thats what we say here where I live)
best way: Whatever they say on the news or politics, turn around to the oppesite for the real part. ^^

keep continue what you do, that's the best advice I can give you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not even those, the sides of them are always open to slip in. Dont take to much of those things you hear :)
live your life, it's ruined for the most part anyway :)
My family works in the health field. We have a pharmacy and are constantly selling masks (especially since our clientele is 50% Chinese). N95 do protect against the spread of the virus because it is almost totally sealed. In studies, it blocked at least 95% of all aiborn particules, bacteria and virus. Of course it's not 100% (it's not a full suit after all), but it sure is a lot better than regular mask that do not seal off the edges in the slightest.

For more information, check out this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I am going to regret opening the discussion on this. I intended to gather thoughts on how this may impact the community not just personally but also with your game projects and any related provisions or publicity measures. And I certainly didn't intend to draw in the pack of trolls with their conspiracy theories. Because of this I am reporting the discussion as finished before it goes off the rails.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The thread has been closed at OP's request. If for some reason you would like to reopen the thread, please message a moderator to explain why. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.
I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasley