All those little errors are now fixed, however the one you brought up about Castle Haimersmif confuses me. I can't find any reason why that would be happening. Still, I created a new switch to make sure the Castle stays the way it is after the event.
If anyone experiences this issue with the game after the newest upload, please let me know.
There shouldn't be any need to restart. A few switches have been added which only effect areas that you would have no story need to re-visit (Like Castle Haimersmiff after the second visit).
I also changed the Save screen plugin to Yanfly's version and added a variable tracker that counts all the allies and non-combat allies you can recruit to the camp (18 total) for display on the file. If you are using a save file from an old version of the game, then that number may be lower than it should be even if you recruit them all, but that won't have any kind of negative effect on the game itself.
I've resumed my playthrough, and I still have a lot of fun playing the game, but expect an extensive bug report when I've completed the game. The most important issues for now:
- The "Dinner in Whitebridge" side quest can't be completed; even when accepting it, the player is always asked again if he wants to accept the quest upon talking to the quest giver. It's not the end of the world, but as a completionist, I like to complete all quests, of course. I'm still using the game's first released version, though, so maybe this bug has been fixed already.
- Gelbian Jungle, third map (with cutscene when entering): Checking the upmost part of the barrier (blocking the passage leading east) freezes the game. The same applies to the barrier leading to the boss map when checking the lowest tile from below.
- When returning to Castle Haimersmif after the events at Gelbian Reserve (or even earlier after completing the castle in its "dungeon state"), the game prevents the player from leaving (because the exit returned to its "dungeon state"). Previously, I only found the "dungeon state" repeat bug on the upper floor and didn't try to leave the castle. Might have been fixed already.
- Gladiator Henge: The "Beasts of the North Easts" tournament can't be completed (again) (exit cutscene doesn't play out properly) when Pocahontas is in the active party. It doesn't matter if she learns the "Skaven Claw" blue magic skill during the last fight; even learning the "Skaven Claw" skill earlier in the "Dark Stalkers" tournament doesn't prevent this issue from occurring. If Pocahontas' participation isn't the cause, then maybe the "Beasts of the North Easts" tournament is bugged in general after the events at Ormah Village (I know it was possible to complete this tournament multiple times before this point).
I have fixed the first two issues brought up and am confident the Haimersmif Castle bug was fixed in my last upload. That tournament bug you're describing is pretty weird and specific though. So you had Pocahontas learn 'Skaven Claw' from an enemy during the tournament and that bugged the exit cutscene? But that doesn't happen if you don't learn the spell, is that it? Truth be told the exit cutscenes were the cause of a few headaches for me, so if I can't figure this one out, I'll just cut them and have Locke just appear back at Gladiator Henge's reception after the fight.
Thanks, the new version let me complete the "Dinner in Whitebridge" quest.
Since Castle Haimersmif still isn't a safe place for my party, I assume the related bugs are only fixed for new game save files.
I couldn't finish the "Beasts of the North Easts" tournament for a second time with Pocahontas in the active party no matter if she learned the "Skaven Claw" skill in the last battle or not (in the game's original version). Unfortunately, I forgot to check if it was possible without Pocahontas in the active party, and right now I can't access the arena. If I can narrow down or even figure out the cause later, I'll give you a holler.
Cheers mate. Well I couldn't find anything, so I just removed the cutscene that has you walking out of the arena. Now you just appear in front of Leporello after the match and he'll talk to you. If there are any more issues with this, please let me know. Thanks again for being such a bro.
And yes. I added a new switch that activates during the cutscene after you handle the steward. So it will only activate during new games. Luckily you have no reason to go back to Haimersmif, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.
Now that I've completed my playthrough, I still can and want to recommend this game to anyone. I really like the story, the quests, the interesting battles (including "Cataclysm" as a challenging optional super boss), the creative side activities (like the cooking contest). It's a long and good game that deserves to be checked out. There's still room for improvement (concerning mapping and some spelling mistakes), though, but these issues never diminished my enjoyment.
Here's a final bug list. Given that the game offers a plethora of features, it was inevitable that not everything works as intended yet.
- Obstruction mapping:
-- Gingerbread house: all "soot" tiles
-- Helt Port: left white wall tile ("four holes") in house south of Lord Brick's mansion
-- Helt Port: left white wall tile ("four holes") and both right white wall tiles ("four holes") inside the inn
-- Helt Port: both southern white wall tiles ("four holes") inside the church
-- Castle Helt: Duke Tristan's sprite when sitting on the throne isn't solid (but can be talked to).
-- Castle Helt, bed room: wall tile ("four holes") in southern wall
-- Castle Helt, Chapter Stone room: bars guarding the gold ingots (parallel to the lowest line of gold ingots)
-- Ormah Village: solid tile below the lowest wood billet
-- Ormah Village: all "soot" tiles inside the tents (4 tiles in total in 3 tents)
-- Hispaniola, below deck, room in upper left corner: back of the chair
-- Hispaniola, Skybreaker control room: all test tubes and all tiles of the switch podium
-- Ashpalm Village: small pile of stones in upper right corner
-- Castle Atlantis: the spears next to the soldiers in the lobby and in Triton's room
-- Castle Atlantis, treasury: most of the bottom and left walls
-- Yggdrasil (outside): multiple spots that allow the player to walk through the trees on the right side
- Other mapping issues:
-- Capella Village: The lower right corner of the item shop's roof consists of a tree part.
-- Helt Port: incomplete tree at eastern edge (east of the church's roof)
-- Everautumn Forest, first ground map after descending from a tree: wrong tile in upper right corner (floor instead of tree tile)
- Landing on the following spots and entering the nearest locations causes the player to lose the airship permanently (game-breaking):
-- Lower left tile of Castle Haimersmif
-- Lower left tile of Castle Lodania
-- Lower left tile of Castle Helt
-- Lower left tile of Castle Whitebridge
-- Lower left tile of Castle Avalon (all castles in Camelot suffer from the same constructional flaw )
- The player also shouldn't be able to land the airship on: Petalclaw Forest, all tree stumps
- Camp, Black Jack: If Rumple gets dealt two aces right at the beginning, it seems he can't choose a value of 1 for the second ace (might or might not be intentional; I'm not familiar with the more intricate rules of Black Jack).
Camp: Cinderella can be found in the camp again before returning the children to Capella Village and fetching her from there (it suffices to trigger the cutscene at Lord Brick's mansion). At least her next talking point unlocks only after reuniting her with the party.
- Cooking contest: Damian can appear as a judge even during the time when he isn't in the party. Humpty (in his egg form) can even appear before having been recruited at all (might or might not be intentional).
- Hammer Ball (weapon for Cinderella) also seems to grant +9 magic defense (which isn't mentioned in the weapon's description).
- Atlantis Buckler (shield) also seems to grant +20 agility (which isn't mentioned in the shield's description).
- Does the "Attention" skill work? It used it, but afterwards my entire party was attacked nonetheless.
- The NPCs at the cable car stations still complain even when the cable car can be boarded again.
- After completing the events at the Gingerbread House, the house can only be reentered by pressing enter.
- After the events at Ormah Village, the ship doesn't teleport with the player anymore when using the fast travel option (might or might not be intentional).
- Ashpalm Village: After completing the "Tough as Wood" side quest, the quest can be accepted again.
Lodania Heights: When Scrooge's house should be locked by the barrier, it can still be entered.
- After completing the "Unfinished Business" side quest, the background of the first random encounter fought afterwards is once again that of
Scrooge's house (inside)
. The same happens after the boss fight against
Triton (Castle Atlantis treasury background during the first random encounter afterwards)
and after the boss fight on Maker's Rest's roof.
- When using Pocahontas' "Spirit Lesson" skill during the boss fights against
, the "No skills to learn" message is displayed not immediately, but at the beginning of the next (random) encounter. There might be more instances when this can happen.
- When entering the Flying Dutchman for a second time after having opened the treasure chest there, the treasure chest is closed again (but can't be opened anymore).
- After visiting
Castle Atlantis for the first time: There isn't any updated dialogue for the NPCs at Atlantis Village, even though the party now features their princess and the captain of the guards (who isn't recognized by that one soldier NPC). It's still the same after returning from Castle Atlantis for the second time.
Nautilus Outer: When returning here for a second time, the path leading to Atlantis Castle can be opened again.
- Wild Tundra: The boulder blocking the passage disappears as soon as the party returns from
the bottom of the ocean
, thus enabling the player to finish the "Path of Ice" main storyline quest (by reaching/entering Maker's Rest) without triggering it beforehand (by talking to the soldier guarding Castle Whitebridge's entrance).
- Wild Tundra: The trigger for the wind passage (at least the first one) can be skipped by hugging the right edge of the map.
- After obtaining the Mountain Heart, the Camp can't be used immediately on the world map (it only works after entering and leaving any location).
- When returning to Mt. Astaroth after having obtained the Mountain Heart, a Lord Brick sprite can be seen where the Mountain Heart once was.
- Gelbian Jungle: The barrier that quarantines the Mosquitos is one tile short at the bottom, allowing the player to circumvent it. That means the player can enter the section without triggering the cutscene, and the player can leave the section and trigger the cutscene again.
- Gelbian Jungle: When returning afterwards to the Mosquito section, there are still three Mosquitos flying around.
- Standing left of or above the Deserted Island entrance and choosing "No" (when being asked if one wants to enter) freezes the game.
- Standing below the Ormah Gorge entrance and choosing "No" (when being asked if one wants to enter) freezes the game.
- Ormah Gorge, lower left corruption center: Approaching it from the right side and choosing "No" (when being asked if one wants to begin the purification ritual) freezes the game.
- When returning later to
Castle Atlantis (might or might not be related to the activation of Red's character quest)
: The location returned to its "dungeon escape state", meaning the door can't be opened from the outside.
The end of the court section seems to bugged: Every time I got a high enough rating (100/100 or higher), the game froze after Dutchess Isold's vote and the score's display. I couldn't achieve these ratings without using the Royalty Gem (because of the -10 approval for defending Pocahontas at Castle Helt earlier), so maybe using the Royalty Gem during the court section is the cause of this issue. On the other hand, I was able to complete the court section when Dutchess Isold voted against me, which means it's even more likely the events after her approval are bugged.
- The NPCs in Avalon Capital are completely unimpressed (no updated dialogue) after
Castle Avalon has been destroyed
The boss fight against The Kraken at Yggdrasil (outside) seems to be bugged. When The Kraken tries to regrow its tentacles (and thus heals itself completely), the tentacles don't come back to life. This makes the fight unwinnable, since the player can't deal enough damage before The Kraken (which also seems to be immune to Silence) heals itself again. Thus, the only way to win this fight is to kill The Kraken while letting the tentacles live (might or might not be intentional).
- After the boss fight against
The Kraken at Yggdrasil (outside)
: Glacius (if recruited) is so overwhelmed by learning a new skill that his level is reset to 1.
Yggdrasil: Upon leaving and reentering the map, the unconscious Morgana disappears (might or might not be intentional).
Fortunately, these issues are easily fixable and avoidable. I'm looking forward to playing anything you might have in store for us in the future.
I"ll get on top of all of these. Some ARE indeed intentional choices such as Daimen and Humpty at the cooking contest and Morgana disappearing from Ygdrassil after the fight. But any that are bugs I will fix after work tonight. Thanks again for playing the game and I hope it was a good experience.
That was a good puzzle. It even taught me that dolphins are more intelligent than seals. Seriously, I was a bit tired during that part and confused statues 2 and 3 at first, but the even greater human intelligence prevailed at last.
Your goal is actually to petrify Duke Tristan even further so that he doesn't break. Pocahontas should have received the "Petrify" skill before the fight, so just let her use this skill periodically on Duke Tristan while you strike (only) at the boss.
Da du anscheinend Deutsch sprichst: Du musst aktiv Pocahontas' Skill "Petrify" verwenden mit Duke Tristan als Ziel.
What Spermidine said. Pocahonas can learn the Gargoyle's Petrify skill to keep Duke Tristan alive until the rest of the party beats the boss. She doesn't need to use it every turn, but frequently enough.
I got lot's o balancing to do lol... I think I'll redo my skills for the 3 party members for the 5th time lol. but I need them to be more distinct for balancing the RPS element system since fights are 1 on 1 with tagging.