IndigoAir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello :) I'm looking for a handful of icons to give a bit more expression to the dialogue in my current WIP. I got the idea from one of my favourite games, Riviera: The Promised Land. I tried to do some edits myself before but I couldn't get the colours to blend nicely and they look really out of place when I insert them among the dialogue.

Resource Type: Icons

Maker Format: VX Ace

Art Style: Ace RTP or something a bit more cartoony would be fine.

Description: I'm looking for three somewhat simple icons edited into five colours; a heart, star & quarter note, in red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I could even try to do the colouring myself if that's asking too much. I would just prefer not to because I'm certain I won't do a good job XD

Reference Images: These are the edits I made, there is no yellow star because I planned to just use the gold star available in the default icon set, and I never got around to making the hearts because I was debating asking for help here after the way the others turned out.

icons.png

And for a colour reference, these are the text colours I'm using for my five characters.

icons3.png

Also, here's the star and heart icons from VXAce's default set to save you from having to look for them if you just want to use those.

Icons4.png

Sorry again if this is asking a lot, I tried to provide as much help as I could. Thank you for stopping by and reading my request.

coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Depending on what font you use, you can display some plain text symbols without using icons.
♠♥♦♣★☆♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♮ ♯

IndigoAir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, I think I used those at some point and then didn't like it for whatever reason or I copied them from a source that wasn't the correct plain text symbols and they didn't work or something. The memory is vague lol. When I recently came back to this game I had completely forgotten about them, so I never tried again. But I think they're actually fine, they work with the font I'm using and they even change colour with the \C code so I think I'll just go with those so I don't have to bug anyone. Thanks for the answer :)

Sorry for the pointless thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apollogeist