RMVX Heavens Heroes- Unite- Demo Available, Tutorial Comic added.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! Love the "The Party break away and you're free to roam while they go hunting." :) So send the party on missions instead of fighting yourself. Turns out maybe this game is more in my ally then I first thought :) Will follow this one :)

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm glad you'll give it a shot! The party will remain together and not likely to go on there own missions *not right away* The maps I'm making allot bigger to accommodate the new features for survival, money isn't spoon fed in this game either and that means you'll have some other ways of making money that you'll find will test your need or greed. I'll make sure to send you a key once I've put it up on itch.io.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Hello, It's been a whole month and I wanted to add some new screenshots. A few months ago I thought my game didn't have a soul to it, but I really can't believe how much I've made possible! Please sign up to test, for early next year!

A rainy night at the harbor of Telana.

After fishing, let's cook!

As the sun rises, It's beautiful to watch!

The intro has been worked on so much!

Please leave your thoughts. I've really, really made this mostly with my own scripting and learned allot about Ruby.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Proxy, is the new front name of the title.

New updates on screenshots.
Renamed all the menus, items and more.

Having trouble finding food? There's always somewhere to find a meal.
Just need to have some money though first... Good Luck!

It's now Morning, and there's a Fish near by. Let's get breakfast!

Thank you for showing any interest in wanting to play. I wish you a positive New Year!

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
With a title page like that, I guess you might improve a lot of graphic bits inside. ^^

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sorry if my posts are a mess of screenshot activity. I wanted to add a video for sometime, or even cover the aim of the game further. I've only covered a pinch of the locations and want to keep the story a surprise for anyone Interested in playing, or looking for a story to enjoy.

2 kinds of people can play this game. Firstly the story or novel crowd who can play without the limitations of having to craft, sell, look after yourself and the team.

Second type of player would be an adventurer, survivalist. Make the most of your resources, take care of your health and overcome obstacles such as hunger, injuries and needing to spend more time carefully.

Both types of player will be treated to a huge exploration and adventure. But to be fair, everyone's play style is different and your adventure can differ wildly to someone elses.

The story alone is 2 hours long and uncompleted. There are full scripts I've written and rewritten as a labour of love. I've played and replayed and so on trying to make an as interesting and worthwhile experience as possible. I won't say this is going to be the greatest game ever made with RPG Maker, and really just hope it's a great game you can enjoy.

A great sense of looking after your wellbeing, being a part of a group who want to help you through hard times, desperate times. Allot of the influence comes from my own life. My hope is to give a great message for those who play that they can take with them and move forward.

I'll add more. Thanks for keeping up.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been slowly working on editing some tilesets, around 90% of NPC's are uniquely made using Charector Maker and aiming at no two NPC's being the same with a few exceptions and all have different names. If you're a fan of Asterix and the way some names are playfully added then this is the game for it, ie =Medic= Kate.

There is also a custom lighting and water system that reacts with the continuation of time. It all didn't happen over night, I'm going grey with the mind boggling testing and learning while trying not to be lazy is very tough. :)

The title screen is not set in stone yet, I feel they are so difficult to do. How one picture can give an overall sense of a game is my enigma to crack.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Hello and I really am sorry for bumping my own post. I really want to update you on what's going so far.
I've been off this weekend and needed to bring a map up to date.
My plan was to edit an old map and stream it on Twitch. Above is a caption of the map, it's been very difficult and I'm not the most outgoing person, so here are the videos if anyone is really in to my work.

Part 1 -Valley Of Emporia
Part 2- Valley of Emporia

Sorry that I sound like an absolute tard, I have difficulties sometimes. Thanks for just being interested in the game.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see and hear, that you put a lot of thought into your game mechanisms. :)
May I ask what filter you used to achieve that tone on the zone your image is from?

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cheers Sunjean, I'm doing the best to use VXACE given how far behind MV it is in terms of resolution and support. I've really needed to Jury Rig my own systems and steer clear of using ready made scripts made elsewhere. As for the lighting, I spent some time creating lighting as an effect of my own. The lighting changes from night today using a system which works along side the time system I created.

It was a difficult challenge as I missed out on Khas lighting sometime ago it was removed from RPG Maker store. However, I had the chance of trying Khas lighting over the weekend but the performance hit was quite staggering. There's minimal lag from the lighting effect I use, and I think it works really well to create atmosphere. :)

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is a demonstration of the music and atmosphere. I've slowly been replacing in game music and sounds though it's still so tough to find a sound that works when hitting an enemy.

Many thanks. :esrs:

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find it hard to judge sound or music. I was sick for many years and reacted to all sounds. So most of the time I turned sound off while playing, and I still do. :)

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

The forest can be beautiful on a lazy day such as today :)
You may even spot some unusual behavior from the creatures who roam the forest.

I'm planning the demo, and want to say thanks for having a moment and viewing this thread.

Here you'll find my profile on itch.io: https://enzo36t.itch.io/heavens-heroes-unite

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello and thanks so much for returning, here is a video update and stuff about the demo.

I'm looking at February for the demo to be shared.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got started this weekend to prepare for the demo. I've needed to also finish a few other things that I left behind. Here are the previews of the menu screens. I'll try not to spoil any other features.

Thanks for viewing, and I really hope all the effort will deliver a game you can enjoy.
I've been hammering through the Ruby code learning how to adjust more tailored features.
I'll do my best to learn more and make better.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for the disappearance, I work in real life and it's hard to update on all the progress when I finally get to make more content for the Heavens Heroes. I've been preparing the Demo as best I can while going through a turbulent time. I'm still looking for testers, I've had 2 or 3 people ask and anymore who want to engage is welcome! Here is the final video.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well... the demo tanked as expected... I took a break for a few weeks though and now I'm converting the game to a higher resolution, I'm still exhausted mentally from the last set of massive changes which is painstaking as I have so many picture graphics to re-convert to the new resolution. I got started tonight, here is a preview...

Capture5.PNG
It'll be edit fest this weekend, it's going to be a long one...
I'll be side loading the hud on to the purple gradient bars, it'll be good to try something different.
As you can see there is a great deal of space, and with all the effort of editing tile-sets and creating landscapes maybe people might like it more, well, I dunno. Hopefully.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all and thanks so much for returning. I've deleted the test demo for now and working on the issues I've noticed on my new computer.
One of the main issues is the Font which does not come with Windows 10, so anyone playing on Win 10 would have massive sized text and incomplete sentences... After 600 hours of work, I really hoped for someone to give me a nudge on that one :(.

It's really upsetting that my work gets crushed with bugs not covered in the RPG manual.

Also as I didn't have RPG Maker on my new computer I had no RTP files, so this meant anyone trying to play my game who has never played an RPG Maker game would not be able to open it anyway...

Another smooth move... So I've had to display on my Itch.io page that the download package is needed with a link to the website, otherwise, Good Luck...

My aim now is to update the Demo and clearly explain what files are needed for anyone who's never played an RPG Maker game by adding the information on my webpage. I also want to help as many players by testing there games for issues, so I'll be crawling through the forum.
These mistakes cost time, and cause upset. I'm really serious about my project and would put everything I have in to it, as I have done. If you play and find any broken elements then please help if possible.

Stay safe.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all, I'm still working away at this project, things are going well and I'll share some screenshot next week when I'm free from work and able to.

Stay safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapnZach