Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Story

Your father and mother are missing, but there is trouble in the air as you embark on your journey to search for them. A supernatural event is taking it's place, at the centre of it is the Guardian stone. Will you be able to unlock the power within yourself to protect the ones you love, or will you lose control as hope begins to fade. Your friends can only aid you so far, after all, this is your journey, and one that will be hard to turn back on.

eETnyV.png

Try out the 2 Chapters and help Heavens Heroes grow through the fund raiser. I've been working on this title for the 5th year running, I use the above content from dedicated creators, and I made a great number of my own scripts and content also.

Heavens Heroes is still a work in progress. I've really done my best to use RPG Maker and Photoshop to give the game a good look with custom graphics, backdrops and sprites. There is a massive amount of effort gone in to the project. And really, I hope you will like to play.

With plenty of places to visit, story plots as you journey, and new mechanics with each place you visit. This has been one tough game to make, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Blogger Tutorial Here.
This will explain eventually everything including Maps, Locations, Secrets and more.
For now there are, Battling Tutorials, Crafting and a getting started guide.
https://aw-rpg.blogspot.com/

Itch.io Link address.

Please let me know of any issues you may have. This is quite a revival and I hope those that were looking to play will give this a go and really enjoy it.

Take care and thanks to all those that gave me a little more hope to keep this going.

Fishing Tutorial-Normal Mode

Battle Mechanics: Learn to build.

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here are some further screenshots. It's mostly to show more of the original content. Visit the page to view more and to read about some of the features and story.

The battle skin I custom made. It took many attempts to get a look that fit with the overall game.
It was allot of pressure to get it done in a way I could be happy with.

i%2Fr%2B4a.jpg

Working HUD which I developed a few years ago. It's been layered with newer systems since which are original.
hqUNdq.jpg

Fishing with a 2-D graphic display. It was something of a struggle giving fishing a purpose in the game. It was nothing like what it is for at least 2 years until I decided to challenge the idea of making a graphic display. Different fish will pop up, and there are also different modes that challenge the player. It is a labour of love to get it right and working in an animated fashion.
Wzwnwp.png

Fog and lighting system. I missed out buying Khas lighting when it was available on the website.
I died inside because, well, there was nothing better. I spent months working on the lighting, timing, and scripting to give a realistic lighting and fog effect. The full spec of the system isn't in the introduction incase of any performance issues. It really is a wonder when it all triggers.
f%2B6PVQ.png

I hope you'll find many of the other details I put in there such as fish swimming in the waters, particles drifting around the areas you visit, sounds that blend with the environment and lights which change on the houses and shops. Please enjoy.

Kind regards Alexander.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried it briefly today. It was very difficult. The first battle I assume was a tutorial battle. After that all battles were way overpowered. I lost all battles. I wasn't aware of how to heal my player. Then found the campfire and had to use the potions to heal. Don't fully understand how the heal building is supposed to work.
Fishing and the battle screens look great, but when fishing I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Hold B. Isn't be the x key? Holding it does nothing that I could tell. Holding S gives me a choice option to access the menu?
No idea what the images on the bottom left and bottom right are meant to indicate. No idea if I missed everything that explained what to do, but other than that, it seemed good.

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, and thanks so much for playing.

I understand you're facing some problems with the local wildlife of the forest. I have to admit I did my best to give the player the greatest edge over the monsters, but I also wanted you to learn how to use your combination of skills to overpower the more difficult groups. It's quite a 90's gamer swing where you're not given the advantage over everything. But I do offer some great rewards and help.

Here are some battle mechanics to make you a pro :)

Twin slash will almost always defeat the 2 blue slimes. Twin slash is a 2 hit skill and does more damage to the slimes than they have in health. I did this so you could farm the Jelly drops to make potions.

Forest Hornets are the guardians of the forest. Try to pick a fight with them and they will overpower you without building Twin Slash up to Sudden Slash. It becomes a 4-6x power set of moves. Forest Hornets do however poison on most hits, but they drop Dote Leafs which can be used to craft Antidotes.

3 x Green slimes will over power you and a few may pick a fight aggressively- The ultimate combo chain would be Hunters Aid (support skill) This will build you up to Sudden Slash. Any enemies left over, clean then out using twin slash.

Injuries.
You may also become injured. If that happens you will see a bandage symbol with the word medic (or look for a broken half heart on your players portrait) A medic house can be found in Varoona Forest by going south until the exit and make a right where you will see a house with a heart symbol.

I will add these instructions as a play guide to help others further. I am very much hoping you will now master the moves to crush the monsters and get yourself a level up in kicking booty. Once you gain a Skillstone, you're going to love it even more. :)

Fishing. B is the X key on a computer keyboard Or the B key on an xbox control
C is the Enter key on a computer keyboard Or the X key on an xbox control

This is quite a skill mechanic, because once you learn how to fish, you're able to buy allot of stuff quicker from the stores. Plus, there are a variety of uses for fish including cooking. Again, I wanted to make it realistic. I've been fishing myself in real life, it's an achievement to do XD

Here is the basic way to fish.
The fish will gaze hungrily at your float like a zombie. It will sometimes move a little forward (to catch you off guard) or it will just hover. Some fish will move away and then Catch attack mode pops up.

During Catch attack (easy catch mode)
Hold enter on your keyboard when you are ready, a random fish will zip towards your bait to grab it, once it is close hold enter again, and that is your catch :) It's almost guaranteed.

During a normal catch.
The fish will zip forwards to your bait to take it away. Hold Enter on your keyboard and then hold X on your keyboard and then at the right time hold X again to catch your fish.

The image on the bottom left shows that you have a buff active from the Daily Crystal.
The image on the bottom right also changes if an area is safe, for battling, or is a danger area.

You also don't need to fish or battle to enjoy the story, there are boss battles, but they can be easily defeated once you pick up the battle mechanics and with more people who join your party.

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is a video I put together. Thanks again for being a part of helping make things easier for people to play.
Battling tutorial.

Here is the link to the Blogger website which I am updating with tutorials to get you started. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Please ask for help anytime.
https://aw-rpg.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to bump this thread. I have been making new enemy sprites, here is a sneak peak of the cute and very mischievous enemies are here :)
V7ikVj.png

They are not purchased from any artists. I have made these to keep the game as original as possible. I really adore the slimes. More on these as I finish off the last few monsters. It's all trial and error. Thanks again for any help and support, I'll do my best in return.

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've updated the battle window and gone even further. I wanted to really give the art more of a chance as I made many backgrounds for the battling.

Check out the screenshot. It took a great deal of script editing. But it all works, and the enemy placements have all been adjusted. It's took some doing.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 5

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all.

I'm just sharing some news on the most difficult changes yet of the project. Here goes...

I wanted to share some news on the project. It's been a mess of hard work and commitment but here we go. The new changes include better looking in door graphics and much better looking towns. It's been a difficult challenge and the last thing I wanted to do was make this project longer than it already has been. It's maturing, and has gone through allot. Non of these changes are out yet, and you'll be the first to know once they are. It will be a month or two at best before anything updated releases.

Converting a new tile set pack is not easy, I've had to use my editing program to make quite a number tile edits and make it fit in the current world. I wish it was a case of load the new tile sets in and done. I've had to add to demolish and add all the details back in manually.
ATo%2FSI.png

The face graphics system with window is a custom made one. Over 500NPC's are fitted with face graphics. The window will be customisable with a number of features for the reader.

aXum8d.png

I could cry with the frustration of the extra work, but nothing would be earned. I'm trooping on.
It will be a few months before there is an updated version of the game with the new changes.

If anyone is interested in the resources used and scripts, here is a visual document.

eETnyV.png

I created a great deal of additional content including music, art, and scripts to try and keep this as original as possible.

Thanks again, and all the best.

Last edited:

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Liking your style, art and mapping. Looking good!

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Liking your style, art and mapping. Looking good!
Thanks so much. Well done on your projects going on to Steam. Best of luck with your new one releasing.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello All.

I wanted to share some of the new work I've been doing. I really made some great improvements. It's been a massive push to do this. There are many improvements of new window skin graphics, improved maps and and face graphics for a great many NPC's and maps have been painstakingly re-designed .

IinvUu.png

New tile set pieces have been edited in. I've been chopping and connecting many parts to try and make everything fit together. All villages and more areas have been hand made again as tile sets do not match with the old ones and made everything look like a car wreck. The redesign have been a huge task to resolve.

MC%2FdJV.png

I've relied heavily on editing programs to alter, edit and improve tile sets beyond the packs they were made from. I hope this will be enough for you to give my game a try. These new changes aren't in yet and I'm looking at March to release the new pack.

Heavens Heroes in March will no longer be free to play, you can however add it to your Itch.io account to avoid the pay wall. It will cost $1 to play as an early access game, and if you decide to donate, that would help greatly. You'll have 2 hours of gameplay- full of story, adventure and exploration. As an early player you will receive e-mails with exclusive content within Heavens Heroes through itch.io. I want to thank any who have tried the game I have tried so hard to turn it around.

I'm struggling quite heavily and this project is keeping me from falling apart. I'm hopeful you will join in the journey of keeping my project alive. In return I'll do more to add humour in to the game, keep the worlds as immersive as possible and strive to do better.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!
The RPG Maker community really is the best. It's so wholesome, kind, and helpful, unlike other communities on the internet, Love all you guys!
KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bamionic