CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoping to get some feedback of which seems more interesting.

Idea 1) You are a solo character with the choice of 4 classes. For now we can say Knight, Healer, Mage, and Monk. The world is built around the character you choose as well as the gameplay. So, let's say you choose a Monk, you would do little to no fighting in the game but not none, and your skills would be tested throughout your journey.

The journey of course would be the story for that character, their motivation and their reason to persist forward with the story instead of call it a day.

Idea 2) Combine all characters into one party, making it so you follow all of their paths and journeys, fights, checks, and struggles.

I feel that idea one presents more of a challenge and immersion to the gameplay, but I want to see what others think.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idea 1 certainly offers more replay value due to how different each playthrough would play out.

Idea 2 sounds like every JRPG ever.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Unless you're purposely breaking RPG tropes, monk would sound like a combat role i.e. warrior monk.

But anyways the Fallout series does something similar to this, your character can totally go for charisma/tech/intelligence and beat the game. Being able to adjust your gameplay style whenever you want will probably be important for this, unless it really is worth it to do multiple playthroughs. Maybe allow for the player to swap their roles when they desire?

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idea 1 certainly offers more replay value due to how different each playthrough would play out.

Idea 2 sounds like every JRPG ever.
Lol, well put.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1 seems to be either too much work to do it properly, or does too little to make a significant difference in gameplay.

2 sounds indeed like your average RPG with some on-map actions.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Void Pyramid is an implementation of #1 - each of the three classes gets different in-story info. I've only gotten through a warrior playthrough, but there's a bunch of story stuff that you can only get as a scribe.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Void Pyramid is an implementation of #1 - each of the three classes gets different in-story info. I've only gotten through a warrior playthrough, but there's a bunch of story stuff that you can only get as a scribe.
Thank you for this reference. :) As of the beginning of this post, I have moved forward with idea one as it seems to be the most liked. I've even flared it further by implementing a dice system and a tactical battle system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!
On a scale of one to I just drew a pineapple with hairy legs how bored are you today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx