Hello! (As you see this message, you realized an ancient evil has been unleashed to this world.)

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Greetings from China where our biggest RPG Makers forums(YBFT, 66RPG, DIYRPG, RPGZOO), unfortunately, keep dying one by one in the last decades. (Or... did I kill them by not sharing them with my forbidden knowledge to save them? I can't remember...)
Some of their memories are preserved in the "Incomplete Chronicle" of my games. But, I was not able to save everyone.

As the last old guard of the only local remaining RPG Maker Secret Society now called "Project One",
I just wandered into this distant land of yours which still seems quite alien to me.

Hopefully, the destructive power that destroyed almost everything in my past does not follow me here. :aswt:
Sorry if it does...
I and my games just outlived so many RPG Maker communities...

Fun fact: My journal has even outlived the first Dynasty that united China.
They lasted 15 years while I'm still developing games with ancient RPG MAKER XP for almost 17 years by now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings from China where our biggest RPG Makers forums(YBFT, 66RPG, DIYRPG, RPGZOO), unfortunately, keep dying one by one in the last decades. (Or... did I kill them by not sharing them with my forbidden knowledge to save them? I can't remember...)
Some of their memories are preserved in the "Incomplete Chronicle" of my games. But, I was not able to save everyone.

As the last old guard of the only local remaining RPG Maker Secret Society now called "Project One",
I just wandered into this distant land of yours which still seems quite alien to me.

Hopefully, the destructive power that destroyed almost everything in my past does not follow me here. :aswt:
Sorry if it does...
I and my games just outlived so many RPG Maker communities...

Fun fact: My journal has even outlived the first Dynasty that united China.
They lasted 15 years while I'm still developing games with ancient RPG MAKER XP for almost 17 years by now.
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, oh destroyer of worlds. Please, don't take this one down, too fast. I've just joined.

orochi2k

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, oh destroyer of worlds. Please, don't take this one down, too fast. I've just joined.
:aswt:I was actually one of the founding members of all those communities. But, they all died for all kinds of random weird reasons.
YBFT(around 2007) died because the entire admin team went on an adventure to fight the "High School Entrance Examination". Many never returned. Others need to start their new lives in high school. (Yes, it was run by a group of secondary school students who accidentally found RM2003 in a dark bookstore.)
66RPG(around 2012) died because the founder starts his business plan to make his own game develop tools. (Very successful actually, but it's no longer an RPG MAKER forum anymore.)
DIYRPG(in 2019) and RPGZOO(in 2020) died because I ended up being the only active developer there. Everyone else decides to move on. (Almost everybody just grows up one day and finds the stress from living is too much to maintain their habits. There were some attempts to make commercial games. But, they didn't end up well.)

Now the only remain RPG Maker community in mainland China is "Project 1" succeeding from the ruin of 66RPG, run by a cute little yellow chicken.(Yes...the current management is a bit...weird as well...) :rswt2:
It is under my...protection. (For I can't find a better word to describe it.)

So, I am not the destroyer of the world. The eternity is. :smile:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
:aswt:I was actually one of the founding members of all those communities. But, they all died for all kinds of random weird reasons.
YBFT(around 2007) died because the entire admin team went on an adventure to fight the "High School Entrance Examination". Many never returned. Others need to start their new lives in high school. (Yes, it was run by a group of secondary school students who accidentally found RM2003 in a dark bookstore.)
66RPG(around 2012) died because the founder starts his business plan to make his own game develop tools. (Very successful actually, but it's no longer an RPG MAKER forum anymore.)
DIYRPG(in 2019) and RPGZOO(in 2020) died because I ended up being the only active developer there. Everyone else decides to move on. (Almost everybody just grows up one day and finds the stress from living is too much to maintain their habits. There were some attempts to make commercial games. But, they didn't end up well.)

Now the only remain RPG Maker community in mainland China is "Project 1" succeeding from the ruin of 66RPG, run by a cute little yellow chicken.(Yes...the current management is a bit...weird as well...) :rswt2:
It is under my...protection. (For I can't find a better word to describe it.)

So, I am not the destroyer of the world. The eternity is. :smile:
Lol I'll trust we're in good hands, then.

That's quite an achievement to have run all of those projects as secondary school students.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and have fun with your new ventures!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[whispers]
Welcome to Project One.

orochi2k

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
[whispers]
Welcome to Project One.
Thanks...
Oh, wait...
But...but... I just came from there. :aswt:
https://rpg.blue/forum.php (<---the last remaining RPG Maker community in China.)

Sorry if my previous introduction is too long and gets everybody confused.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome ancient evil, may these forums provide you the fuel you need to enhance your gam mak. Praise the altar!

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome traveller!

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Where are you from in China, oh plighted one? I am from the mysterious west, but usually work in Beijing when plagues do not scourge the land and I was dumb enough to leave and now cannot get back into the central kingdom (still).

orochi2k

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I am in Shanghai most of the time. But, sometimes I travel to Hong Kong as a workaround to the censorship.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavishKK