Hello Everyone

Quotex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello to everyone on the RPG Maker forums.

My name is Bryan, but I usually go by Quotex on the internet. I figured I'd start with an introductory post. RPG Maker caught my attention in the last few weeks and I finally decided to get it on steam. The idea of making a game always intrigued me, but I don't really have the technical know-how or the artistic talent to make one from scratch, so RPG maker seems like a good way to overcome that hurdle.

After watching a few Let's Plays and Tutorials of RPG Maker and Discovering the wonderful Yanfly Engine Plugins, I'm ready to start my journey! As I'm writing this I already have a rough idea of what kind of game I want to make, and I'll probably make a post in the Game Ideas section once I flesh out the story and mechanics a bit more.

If anyone has any helpful advice for a new user, feel free to leave a reply.

- Quotex

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For your first project don't try to make it too big, or else somewhere along the path, you might find yourself having zero confidence.

Remember games aren't made in a week and I started mine a few months ago, I'm making good progress, but it's taking a while, but you must never give up halfway or else your gonna regret.

Pixeloong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome! Whenever you are trying to learn something new in the engine, try to have fun with it!

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you know nothing about game making, RPG Maker is a good start (it's how I got started). I'd say start off smaller-ish at least, and focus each game to help you with one talent/skill at a time, to not get overwhelmed. You'll learn game design in general as you go along. Also welcome to the forum. ^ u^

Quotex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the replies everyone :biggrin:

I don't plan on making my first game super large, I'm thinking I might do something that's chapter-based, where I can always continue the story at a later point.

I am having a lot of fun playing around, creating Items and generating characters. I still need to practice a bit more when it comes to mapping, but I think I have enough ideas for a "first chapter".

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the replies everyone :biggrin:

I don't plan on making my first game super large, I'm thinking I might do something that's chapter-based, where I can always continue the story at a later point.

I am having a lot of fun playing around, creating Items and generating characters. I still need to practice a bit more when it comes to mapping, but I think I have enough ideas for a "first chapter".
Be sure to let us play what you make! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exilion616