Hello from a friendly Composer!

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi all! My name is Paul, and I'm new to the forum. I joined because, even though I'm a composer/musician, I really love video games, especially the classics on SNES, and am really interested in how they're made. So I thought I'd join so I could watch and talk about all the great people on here making games!

In terms of my own music, academically I'm classically trained, meaning I can write for orchestra (or whatever acoustic ensemble) in a variety of styles- everything from Stravinsky, Pendereki- to big film score sounds like John Williams, Alexandre Desplat, the old video game styles like Zelda, Castlevania, Maria, Pokemon, or even older masters like Debussy, Mozart or Bach. On the opposite side, I grew up playing (and still do) a lot of classic rock and jazz as well, with my two principle instruments being the guitar and piano. I really love writing for a variety of things, and I would say all of the above music melds together into my own style.

So if anyone needs some music for their game, I would love to connect with people, even if just for the fun of it!

Demi_Fiend

Chaos Hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey man, welcome to the community. I'm actually in need of a composer for my game, so let me know if you happen to be interested.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello other musician, I am @Bendyizzt, pixel artist and musician [mostly musician] welcome to forums

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also a composer, and I love classical. Hope to get to know you more in coming months.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Somewhere between classical and indie game. I'm sort of in a genre by myself, LOL, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Somewhere between classical and indie game. I'm sort of in a genre by myself, LOL, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Any place we can all have a listen? Your own genre is the best genre.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't really post my stuff anywhere, mostly out of fear of thieves or just generally mean people. I don't have very high confidence as it is, and I don't need people making it worse. If you're interested, though, I can PM you some of my stuff.

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't really post my stuff anywhere, mostly out of fear of thieves or just generally mean people. I don't have very high confidence as it is, and I don't need people making it worse. If you're interested, though, I can PM you some of my stuff.
sure!

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey hey! I have a huge respect for creators, especially in the world of musical composition. I used to be a music education major, so I like to think I know the sheer complexity of organizing a piece to make melodic sense, even if I myself do not/cannot compose.

Actually, I've always been interested in trying to code a rhythm-based action combat RPG, but that's far beyond the scope of RPG Maker. Something that rewards players for completing combos that match the BPM and the time signature. Probably a pipe dream, haha.

Sorry, I feel like I hijacked your thread. What I mean to say is, welcome! I hope you have fun here.

☆⌒(*^-゜)v

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey hey! I have a huge respect for creators, especially in the world of musical composition. I used to be a music education major, so I like to think I know the sheer complexity of organizing a piece to make melodic sense, even if I myself do not/cannot compose.

Actually, I've always been interested in trying to code a rhythm-based action combat RPG, but that's far beyond the scope of RPG Maker. Something that rewards players for completing combos that match the BPM and the time signature. Probably a pipe dream, haha.

Sorry, I feel like I hijacked your thread. What I mean to say is, welcome! I hope you have fun here.

☆⌒(*^-゜)v
oh not at all! That is actually quite interesting. I'm on the opposite side, I can do music but not coding! But that is a very very interesting idea, seriously. From a technical point, sounds very complicated to me but what do I know! Do you know you could ever possibly make a very basic version of that as an experiment ?

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh not at all! That is actually quite interesting. I'm on the opposite side, I can do music but not coding! But that is a very very interesting idea, seriously. From a technical point, sounds very complicated to me but what do I know! Do you know you could ever possibly make a very basic version of that as an experiment ?
I would love to try! Honestly, I'm not certain where I'd begin, but I'm sure it would involve some intense timekeeping. I might branch out into Unity to see if that might be a bit more possible. For now, though, my heart lies with RPG Maker.

And hey: if you ever need any programming assistance, please feel free to reach out! I'm by no means the best, but I like to imagine I think like a programmer, and I've learned quite a bit in terms of scripting.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a piano, guitar, mandolin, and a few harmonicas. What do I play best?

The RADIO!!!
:kaojoy:

Welcome to the forums! :)

Drumbo2282

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have a piano, guitar, mandolin, and a few harmonicas. What do I play best?

The RADIO!!!
:kaojoy:

Welcome to the forums! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobcreator12