Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! We are a husband and wife team that recently formed a game design company. We've worked on several non-commercial RPG Maker projects in the past, and are now transitioning to commercial games for release on Steam.

Our first project is a Steampunk/Victorian RPG with mystical elements set in the 1870's, one that we've been developing on paper for several years.

A little about myself and my wife. I am a published author/game designer by trade and have a bachelors degree in Game Design. I've worked on shipped titles before as a work-for-hire. I have a terribly boring day job, and at night I either work on games or manuscripts. She is a level designer and storyteller with many years experience in both, possesses a Masters in Business, and a passion for the Victorian genre. She is my "go to" person for anything and everything Victorian.

A little about our company. We started as a LARP group many years ago, and based some of our video games off the LARP universe. They weren't the greatest (in our opinion), but they received accolades and awards, so we must have done something right. Later on, we started transitioning away from LARPs to work on other projects (it was then that I became a published author). Now we're back to work on video games and are excited about our newest project.

We will be looking for community support and other assistance, and have a budget to work with for this game. If it's successful, we hope to create several more games in this series.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Eliel Micmás

The Drawing One
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

I hope to see your game soon, I love steampunk games <3 I'm sure you'll find support here. By the way, do you have a site or blog for your project? I'd like to follow it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome.

That's a good solid background there for making high quality games.  I wish you both good luck with your project.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love both the concept of your game (big fan of steampunk) and the whole husband and wife team - very sweet.

Hope to hear more about your project in the near future. :)

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forum, you have a nice setup, working on games with your wife. I hope your game gets made, released, and sells a lot of copies.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

I hope to see your game soon, I love steampunk games <3 I'm sure you'll find support here. By the way, do you have a site or blog for your project? I'd like to follow it.

Thanks for the welcome! 

The game is in its planning stage right now, although I have created character sets of all the major NPCs using Game Character Hub Portfolio Edition.

We are in the process of creating a website for the project. As soon as something is up, I will post it to the forums.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome.

That's a good solid background there for making high quality games.  I wish you both good luck with your project.

Thank you! Thank you very much. And good luck on your projects as well. :)

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love both the concept of your game (big fan of steampunk) and the whole husband and wife team - very sweet.

Hope to hear more about your project in the near future. :)

Thank you for the compliment. We will try to get out more information soon, to drum up interest, et all.

Suffice to say, we're very excited about being a part of the RPG Maker community. From what I saw on the forums here, people are pretty awesome.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forum, you have a nice setup, working on games with your wife. I hope your game gets made, released, and sells a lot of copies.

Thank you very much! Yes, there is always a fear of a game being stuck in Development Hell, or just never getting developed.

We're doing this to see if we can make a game that will sell. While we believe in ourselves, the real challenge will be if the public likes our product.

We shall indeed see!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Foreverwhere If you both make a game you yourselves enjoy playing, then there's no doubt others out there who will also love it. 

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick note, multi-posting isn't allowed. You can quote multiple people in one single post, just fair warning.

I know the feeling of getting stuck in developmental hell, I have several projects I'm working on that I can't finish because I'm missing that one crucial bit. Also, because I'm a bit lazy.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick note, multi-posting isn't allowed. You can quote multiple people in one single post, just fair warning.

I know the feeling of getting stuck in developmental hell, I have several projects I'm working on that I can't finish because I'm missing that one crucial bit. Also, because I'm a bit lazy.

Thanks for the information about multi-posting. Won't do that again.

I think laziness is something all artists "suffer" from. ;) Lord knows that us writers are some of the laziest people in the world.

I noticed that once you start to get people on board (we're vetting graphic artists at the moment and are meeting with the composer next week), the pressure to produce a real game is on. There is nothing to get a game moving like real people sinking their real time into something.

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome and advice so far! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikuRikku