Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, finally taking the plunge and introducing myself...

One sentence, I'm a 50+yo Christian programmer RPG gamer songwriter novelist. Not necessarily all in that order.

I am an avid gamer of old RPG who also happens to be an author, got two books published so far, four written, which you can investigate if you feel so inclined, link in the siggie... Kind of a teen split between MG Junior High on earth and a magic run-for-your-life in another dimension, and moving into kids with superpowers. Like a cross between the fantastic 4 and Teen Titans...

I'm here because I want to create a game based on my books, an epic adventure that continues the plot of them into a possible followup series.

I am mostly writing Sci-Fi and fantasy Christian novels with a moral lesson in each. I know, tilts head and asks, how does that work? I've loved reading sciFi and fantasy since 2nd grade when I was introduced to the Hobbit. I've read a lot of ERB, Issac Asimov, Piers Anthony, Robert Asprin, etc. as well as Heinlein, Robert Jordan, Rick Riordan, and a host of others. In some of them, I quit reading because they just followed a different path I didn't want to go down.

I feel like there's a need for books in that genre that are clean and contain nuggets of truth, wisdom maybe from Proverbs, so here I am, trucking along down that path. Not sure how big a market there is for Christians who love SFF, but I'm one, so there's at least... well, one!

Anyway, I also write music, mostly Christian folk, so it doesn't quite apply to the game I'm creating, unless I decide to give it a Chrono Cross music theme. So I'll probably stick to mainly the music from the RTP, unless I hear differently from my kids or others here. I have a few songs I wrote for my series, and they may never see the light of day unless they show up here, maybe in the credits.

I guess you can see I'm a writer from the long post. But anyway, hello all, here's another gamer/game maker to add to the herd!

:)

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heya, welcome to the forums!

Congratulations on getting your books published. Did you find an agent, work through a hybrid company, or self publish? In either event, the post release advertisement and networking is something that I have found to be absolutely draining.

Do you plan to reimagine your books to fit within the boundaries of a JRPG? A JRPG can be a great storytelling tool, but if all you want is a visual representation of the worlds you've developed maybe you should look into this thread:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49559-looking-for-visual-novel-creators/

Just food for thought :)

Good luck with everything!

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

Christian fantasy author? Nice!
Speaking of Christian fantasy, have you ever read "Sorcerer" by James Byron Huggins?

This is the book's description:

Ex–detective Michael Thorn has retired from the police force, and is eager to lead a normal life for once. His days of fighting to protect the innocent are over. But his "retirement" isn't going to be the long–deserved rest he expected.

His new home in rural New England has many strange stories surrounding it. But those are all just rumors...right? Then he discovers the skeleton in the basement and realizes the rumors are true.

But when the skeleton mysteriously disappears, Thorn is faced with an ancient mystery–one that leads to an even more ancient foe: the same sorcerer who fought Moses!

Now, to protect his family, Thorn must figure out how a sorcerer from ancient Egypt ended up in America and how to defeat him before he regains his full power and wreaks havoc on the world. Thorn has help from a wise professor, a devout priest, and a sect of warriors sworn to protect the church. But will they be enough?

In the end, Thorn will face even larger questions––of good and evil, and of God and the devil.

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, Zortik!

For several years (2008-2013) I pursued the traditional publishing model (write, polish, critique, hack, rewrite, edit, query letter, Conference, interview, query letter, market, critique, rewrite, edit, query. But, the SFF market was a hard sell on what I'm offering. Investigated Tor which was the only publisher looking for submissions. The Christian publishers were mainly interested in non-SFF, a few small publishing houses gave me a nibble, but no bites.

I get that rejection comes with the territory, but that's pretty much all I was getting...

Anyway, Along comes Amazon/CreateSpace, and after a lot of comparison research, I went that way.

I'll check out the link. Thanks for the heads-up!

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
(...) But anyway, hello all, here's another gamer/game maker to add to the herd!

:)
Now finally it will fit here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welcome to the herd!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AaronWho