Hello, let's make this trendy!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Ms Littlefish, May 29, 2014.

1. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My name is Ms Littlefish. Not to be confused with Mrs. Littlefish, of course. Alas, I am an unwed goldfish. I have a single-room plastic castle in a modest sized bowl where I tend to my suspiciously stiff aquatic greenery.

I am 24 years old and have a strong affinity for hot and caffeinated beverages.

I've been using RPG Maker for a few months now. But, I never made the trek over to say hello. I just showed up one day! I'm working mostly with the music, writing, and visual stuff in my (ultra pre-alpha, not ready to be fully revealed) project, "Three Trees" a story and universe that I have escaped into and let continuously grow since I was a teenager. My script-dude and I hope to have something to show you guys later this year. And I'm very unorthodox because I already have a boat load of the music done.

I love this place. I spend a ton of my free time here and enjoy talking with all you crazy people.

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hehe, this is fun. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! ;)

Ms Littlefish likes this.
  3. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Welcome, Ms. Littlefish!  Hope you have fun in this little aquarium.

4. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yohohohohohoho, it seems that someone followed my hint here and introduced herself too...

Welcome aboard Ms Littlefish! Glad to have you and your coffee here!

Susan and Ms Littlefish like this.
  5. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Haha! This bandwagon seems mighty fun. May just jump on it myself sometime soon.

Welcome Ms Littlefish! Hope you continue to enjoy the forums! :D

6. VoxPopuli

VoxPopuli WatchFire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Greetings and a hearty welcome, Ms. Littlefish!  I saw your art in the Weekly Art Challenge section of the forums and really liked it (is your music posted anywhere, would like to hear that as well).

Coffee and caffeinated beverages -- the mythic nectar of the sleep-deprived :) .

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welcome.  Nice to meet you.  

[Hmm, I've never introduced myself, now I come to think of it.  Ah well, probably too late now.]

8. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! I'd share my tea and coffee, as I like making and enjoy large pots of it, but I'm having trouble getting to through my computer screen!

@ VoxPopuli That means a lot to me! I never feel like my art stacks up to the same level as my music but enjoy it so much when I get around to it. I actually am very excited to say that I won Weekly Art Challenge #19 where I entered two musical entries. 

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26912-weekly-art-challenge-19/

I also have a full soundcloud as well. https://soundcloud.com/maireadgamemusic

@ksjp17 No peer pressure or anything, but hint, hint, wink, wink. Do eeet!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Dalph likes this.
  9. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh wow! I must be honest and say I hadn't checked out your music before [i'm sorry! ._.] but I'm listening to your stuff on soundcloud now and wow!

I LOVE "If we could charm serpents"! Not only is it a really amazing piece I just love how... clever it is, I guess, with the flute part [sorry, I don't know instruments so forgive me if it's something else] being all snake-charmer-ey while still retaining that underwater vibe so strongly. It's a mix I wouldn't ever have thought of what with snake charm music being so closely associated with arid, desert environments. Though, I guess that's the point, haha. Anyway, it's really clever and sounds fantastic!

Listening to some more now~

Loving everything I've heard so far. :)

10. Zane

Zane Food for thought Veteran

First Language:
    US English
    Well at least you know there are plenty of fish in the RMW sea. =P (You said Aquatic Bowl though, That's a lot of guppies, Salt-Water or Fresh Water?)

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  11. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @VexedEnigma Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment! I'm seriously beaming. ^_^

"If we could charm serpents" features an oboe and a flute as the main melody makers and a later a dulcimer to make a sitar-like sound (but not too on the nose). If I took out the ambient qualities it could easily be desert music, too! But seeing how the location I have in mind features a sea serpent, a giant snake, I had to jump on the opportunity to make this piece work.

Vexed likes this.
  12. VoxPopuli

VoxPopuli WatchFire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi, had to post and run earlier, so it is only now I had a chance to listen to your music which I think is wonderful.  In addition to "If we could charm serpents", I really liked "Now or Never" -- had a very post impressionistic feel.

BTW: on your soundcloud site are we getting a preview to the soundtrack of Three Trees? :)    Anyway, as a fan of renaissance music I also enjoyed "Inside a Tavern".

13. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmmm, flute and oboe and dulcimer - gonna have to check that one out! Three of my favorite instruments (and no, like the dork I am, I am not kidding).

And... welcome? Glad you are here!

14. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes! A majority of the stuff on my Soundcloud at the moment is written for the "Three Trees" OST though some of my non game work has been posted there as of late. Thank you for listening! ^_^