Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
While I’m not new to RPG Maker games, its been a long time since I’ve been in the community. Recently, I’ve been thinking of doing a Youtube Channel where I play solely RPG Maker games. I‘ve wanted to do this for a while because I love this community and the work that goes into these games.

Thing is, I fear I may be too late to the game when it comes to RPG Maker lets plays. I know they were huge years back with larger channels playing a lot of them, but not a lot of people do it anymore. I want to do this to showcase all the amazing games y’all come up with, but I fear that a) I’m not interesting enough to do a channel and b) it’s too late in the game, so to say.

Regardless, introduce yourself and tell me what you have going on- and let me know what you think about my channel. Thanks!

P.S. I’m aware there are still some channels doing RPG Maker games, but its usually the horror stuff and/or really big titles, and they don’t come up very much when you do a search on YouTube (At least, from my research).

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forums! I'm just learning and trying out new things in a practice game. As for the YouTube channel, why not try? It's okay to start small.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are interested in doing let's plays, you'll never know unless you dive right in. They have a forum here to get you started: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/maker-casual.93/

And if you check the pinned topic "Let's play requests" - You will find willing developers wanting their game played by influencers (including yours truly).

AccolourChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome welcome! I'm sure there is a lot of people on this forum that would love to get any exposure for their game at all. I say go to the projects tab and just start going at it!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Welcome to the forums! I'm just learning and trying out new things in a practice game. As for the YouTube channel, why not try? It's okay to start small.
Thank you For the welcome!

I tried a doing a practice game years ago and I couldn’t get one event to trigger reliably, so I dropped it. Hope yours is going better! Lol.

I’ve got all the things needed to start a channel, so I’m definitely going to try. Just full of what if’s, that’s all haha.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
If you are interested in doing let's plays, you'll never know unless you dive right in. They have a forum here to get you started: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/maker-casual.93/

And if you check the pinned topic "Let's play requests" - You will find willing developers wanting their game played by influencers (including yours truly).
Yes, I took a peek on that topic thread the other day and definitely saw some games that looked like they’d be interesting to do (including yours)! Thank you for the links!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you For the welcome!

I tried a doing a practice game years ago and I couldn’t get one event to trigger reliably, so I dropped it. Hope yours is going better! Lol.

I’ve got all the things needed to start a channel, so I’m definitely going to try. Just full of what if’s, that’s all haha.

I feel like I spend more time fixing mistakes but it's still fun. Haha! Good luck with your channel! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScribblyGryphon