Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm Jo from Team Chii the Cat.
I've been here for couple of years, but I kept quiet reading posts and trying out games alone until recently.
I thought I wasn't good enough to be talking among all the experts here, and most of all I was afraid that I might make mistakes and say inappropriate things. (which probably I wouldn't even know)

BUT! Now that my teammate MMQ and I posted our project on the [Games in Development], I thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves here before we post more about it.
I apologize in advance if I hurt your feelings with my words. English isn't my first language and I may sound a little unclear or even annoying sometimes. :(

We are currently working on a mystery horror game <House of Rules>. (DON'T TRY TO MAKE IT SHORTER!)
My friend MMQ is in charge of most of the graphic works, and I'm basically doing everything else from game design to sound effects.
We love mystery horror RPG games, puzzles, riddles, and story driven games.
As we were friends for quite a long time since childhood, we always dreamed of making a game ourselves but never had a chance to.
We both have different careers, not very related to games or anything similar, and we are happily spending (literally) all our time on our project when we are not at work.
It has been a great help to read posts here, especially the ones from kind geniuses helping newbies figure out how to solve problems they have in their project.
I'll be glad to help too when I become more familiar with the program and scripts.
We love games that clearly show time and effort of the developer put into them, whether they are objectively well made or not.
We're hoping that people here may feel the same about our game. AND most of all, we hope everybody enjoys it!! :D

Last edited:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Don't worry, don't see the members here as
expert or non-expert, since we're all still learning actually.
Your English is good, and I think you won't hurt anyone with your words.
Also, I Iove puzzles in video games. :D

Since you're Korean, I wanna say I'm a big fan of Webtoon
(I guess it's called Naver there).
Korean manhwas are great, the story is pretty different from Japanese mangas,
and feel more realistic to me (I still love them both though).

Sorry if I'm being off-topic by mentioning Korean manhwas.
I just love them.
Good luck on your project! :D

*As a side note, you can put your game link in your signature
so people could easily see it.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I remember seeing you sometimes before. It's good to see two childhood friends make games together ^^ I wish my friends were even remotely interested in game development -__- *sigh* Anyways, I'll check out your game as it's a horror game and you love everything I love ^^ I swear I just exist to play and make horror games XD
Hope the game comes along nicely and is really successful. Good luck ^^

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Don't worry, don't see the members here as
expert or non-expert, since we're all still learning actually.
Your English is good, and I think you won't hurt anyone with your words.
Also, I Iove puzzles in video games. :D

Since you're Korean, I wanna say I'm a big fan of Webtoon
(I guess it's called Naver there).
Korean manhwas are great, the story is pretty different from Japanese mangas,
and feel more realistic to me (I still love them both though).

Sorry if I'm being off-topic by mentioning Korean manhwas.
I just love them.
Good luck on your project! :D

*As a side note, you can put your game link in your signature
so people could easily see it.
I like webtoons from Naver too!
My favorite is JungNyunEe. I'm not sure what it's called in English though.
I guess it's okay to talk about anything here...? I'm fine with it. :)
Thanks for wishing me luck!
Oh and do you know how to put games in the signature?
I saw a post in the forum and tried to copy and paste the URL of my post, but it didn't seem to work.
How can I do it???

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never heard JungNyunEe,
but my favorites are Tower of God, Troll Trap, and
The Secret of Angel (I guess it's called True Beauty there).

To show your games on signature,
first you have to upload the game's logo on an image hosting site (I recommend postimage).
You'd get some links, copy and paste one of the link to the "insert image" box.
When you highlight the picture, you have the choice to link it to a page.
Link it with your game's page.

Hope this helps!

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I remember seeing you sometimes before. It's good to see two childhood friends make games together ^^ I wish my friends were even remotely interested in game development -__- *sigh* Anyways, I'll check out your game as it's a horror game and you love everything I love ^^ I swear I just exist to play and make horror games XD
Hope the game comes along nicely and is really successful. Good luck ^^
Thanks a lot!! I'm so lucky to have a friend who has similar interests, or maybe we were friends for so long that our interests kind of correlated...?? I don't know. :D
I saw a gif of your game in your post of 'Interactable 3D Objects', and I'm definitely into the art AND the tool!!
I would love to try out the script. It's so dope!!!!!!!!
Do you have your own game??

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks ^^ I made a demo for that system. I keep forgetting to update the thread with the link XD I'll do it today!
I have just one released game... but it's pretty bad ;__; And I feel ashamed to show it :"( Made it for the no travel game jam in 15 days in a hurry. I have plans to refine it or recycle it in the future but currently I'm busy with another game. It also takes place in a mansion like yours does ^^ I want to try outdoor horror games one day but I can't map outdoor locations at all ^^;

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never heard JungNyunEe,
but my favorites are Tower of God, Troll Trap, and
The Secret of Angel (I guess it's called True Beauty there).

To show your games on signature,
first you have to upload the game's logo on an image hosting site (I recommend postimage).
You'd get some links, copy and paste one of the link to the "insert image" box.
When you highlight the picture, you have the choice to link it to a page.
Link it with your game's page.

Hope this helps!
Ooooooh I was a big fan of Tower of God, too! I failed to keep track of the storyline when it started to get really long, though. But I still like the first season(or should I call it series?).
And thanks a lot for the directions!! It was quite confusing when I tried it alone, but I think I did it now. It was easy to follow your directions. A big help. :)
I like your songs on Soundcloud, too. If I were making classic adventure RPG games rather than horror games, I would totally be drilling over your music.
Thanks again for your help!:)

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks ^^ I made a demo for that system. I keep forgetting to update the thread with the link XD I'll do it today!
I have just one released game... but it's pretty bad ;__; And I feel ashamed to show it :"( Made it for the no travel game jam in 15 days in a hurry. I have plans to refine it or recycle it in the future but currently I'm busy with another game. It also takes place in a mansion like yours does ^^ I want to try outdoor horror games one day but I can't map outdoor locations at all ^^;
Where can I try your game?? I can't find it in your signature or your profile(?).
You seem to be unsatisfied with it, but seeing your art in the post, I have to try it.
It's really my taste. I love mystery mansions. :)
(unless you would not want people to play it..?)

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a different game than the one you saw. It's honestly really bizarre but if you still want to play it, it's here I'm unsatisfied with it as I feel like I can do much better. Just didn't have enough time to shape it as I would've liked to. Even the plot makes no sense. I just picked a cliche bug infestation and rolled with it XD The one you saw is still undergoing development. I'm very busy now with exams :") But I'll try to get a demo out soon.It feels great to know you feel interested it it ^^ It makes me motivated to speed up development.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chiithecat
Thank you for checking out my Soundcloud!
My music is somewhat obscure compared to my drawings,
so it's always a pleasure if somebody listen to them. :D

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a different game than the one you saw. It's honestly really bizarre but if you still want to play it, it's here I'm unsatisfied with it as I feel like I can do much better. Just didn't have enough time to shape it as I would've liked to. Even the plot makes no sense. I just picked a cliche bug infestation and rolled with it XD The one you saw is still undergoing development. I'm very busy now with exams :") But I'll try to get a demo out soon.It feels great to know you feel interested it it ^^ It makes me motivated to speed up development.
Actually, I quite like the plot and the character design. Even though I like horror RPG, I'm such a coward so I'll try it after my roommate wakes up from her nap....... (I read that a spider comes after me...?)

I 100% dig the one in your Interactable 3D Objects post. Love the light, wall, floor, clothes, and the teddy bear. EVERYTHING. I'll be the first to play it when the demo is out. :D

Last edited:

chiithecat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chiithecat
Thank you for checking out my Soundcloud!
My music is somewhat obscure compared to my drawings,
so it's always a pleasure if somebody listen to them. :D
I found them enjoyable and rather popular, not obscure.
If I had battles in my game, or if my plot contained adventures in different places, not some bloody, dark mystery, I would really be looking for music like yours.
I'm digging the battle themes from 'A New Hope' to 'Gentle Motions'. I like how they sound different with the same melody. :)
I just noticed....... I remember your project Hidden Trace!
I thought the sensing system was brilliant, and I would love to try the demo when it's released.
Good luck with your project!! :D

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chiithecat
Thanks for checking out my game too!
I started it in late 2017, but halted the project very early in 2018
(at about 1 month development).

I decided to revive it recently.
Hopefully the demo can be released very soon,
as it's really close to being releasable when I left it. ^^

Edit:
A New Hope until Gentle Motion were planned to be battle themes
for a game project with zodiac signs as its theme.
A New Hope for fire signs, Cautious Approach for earth,
Logical Steps for air, and Gentle Motions for water.
It haven't even been started though, still pretty much a concept. ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR