DannyMolotov

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello people!
I am totally noob with the rpg maker tool, but I've a great experience with game creation mechanics and pipeline (mostly for art departement and game design departement).
I have been working in the game industry for 5 years in a concept artist role for various pc, console and mobile games, but I wanna make a little project in my freetime so I chose this program because it's closer to my needs.

This is my first experience with the rpg maker system, I've cheched some tutorials in the past week about basic mechanics but I need some of your advice especially for plug-in search, implementation and run.

I hope i don't bother you too much with my questions!

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello people!
I am totally noob with the rpg maker tool, but I've a great experience with game creation mechanics and pipeline (mostly for art departement and game design departement).
I have been working in the game industry for 5 years in a concept artist role for various pc, console and mobile games, but I wanna make a little project in my freetime so I chose this program because it's closer to my needs.

This is my first experience with the rpg maker system, I've cheched some tutorials in the past week about basic mechanics but I need some of your advice especially for plug-in search, implementation and run.

It's no worries, it's also good to meet you.

TurquoiseDragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dont talk to me
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello people!

Look up Yanfly.moe and Search RPG maker MV in itch.io
there's a lot of good plugins to pick from

It's pretty easy to implement most plugins
Just download load them in the plugins folder under the js folder in your projects main folder

After that, they should pop up under your plugins in the engine(the puzzle icon) many of them are just plug and play, with built-in parameters to adjust without touching the code, or needing knowledge of coding, but if it does need extra work, they typically come with detailed instructions. If you still need help with a specific plugin, there are JS and Plugin help topics in the forum, where people who are more knowledgable with js, can help.

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice to meet you, been working on my MV project for over 1 year, and slowly expanding it into what I want it to be known as "The most intricate RPG Maker game" :)
Feel free to ask me things and I'll answer if I know. Cause I'm not all knowledgeable, especially of the coding part, which I am slowly and surely getting into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.
I urge *every single one of you* to play this demo from Mhin Ra: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/players-wanted-for-alpha-long-journey-to-farewell.123326/. It's simply amazing, it's a very high quality product with very good gameplay. This amount of effort must be recognized.
FirestormNeos wrote on Tai_MT's profile.
Do you have a link handy to posts you've written explaining the flaws of on-screen encounters?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moge-mic