Hamhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi there
New to the Forums i been looking on new stuff to try overall after testing out software such as Roblox studio and Unreal engine 4 (tho very basic Information on using it) i found out about RPG Maker and was very curious and seeing so much info i wanted to dig deep into it overall it sounds like a very interesting software to explore i been thinking of getting RPG MZ as i been seeing its the best one so far out of all the other versions but i will be looking into it just overwhelmed on how much it looks so simple and yet complex at the same time

Thank you for Reading this!!!!

Till Next time,
Hamhi

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome! You'll find varying opinions on which version of RPG Maker is the best although MZ is definitely the newest and has the most built-in features. MV currently has the most plugins due to MZ still being pretty new. I'd download the trial version to get a month or so to play around with it to see if it's something you're interested in before purchasing. There is definitely a learning curve but not nearly as much as most game making software out there.
See ya around.

Hamhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome! You'll find varying opinions on which version of RPG Maker is the best although MZ is definitely the newest and has the most built-in features. MV currently has the most plugins due to MZ still being pretty new. I'd download the trial version to get a month or so to play around with it to see if it's something you're interested in before purchasing. There is definitely a learning curve but not nearly as much as most game making software out there.
See ya around.
Oh i see that is much helpful, I will look into it as its software is really outstanding when i was looking it over from other peoples experienced and expressed such Positive ways of its use
Much Appreciated, :smile:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely get MZ if you're looking to do a bunch of scripts and stuff (more smooth and user-friendly) but, otherwise, MV is plenty sufficient. There are a few extra features added on but MV and MZ are so similar (except animations) that which version you go with will not matter if you're a novice like me.

P.S. Welcome aboard!

Hamhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Definitely get MZ if you're looking to do a bunch of scripts and stuff (more smooth and user-friendly) but, otherwise, MV is plenty sufficient. There are a few extra features added on but MV and MZ are so similar (except animations) that which version you go with will not matter if you're a novice like me.

P.S. Welcome aboard!
After A few days of trying out the Trial Version i can see alot of good appeal for it so far i been trying out how map tile set is and how "events" work and still learning a thing or 2 on how it operates and understanding the flow of the software i am more likely gonna end up buying MZ and i enjoy the more outcomes on what path and choices such as text files and ofc the player creations
Note : I have not touched the battle system yet as its abit scary but i will see it soon enough as i wanted to test out and stretch the map making section and Events such as switches and variables usage but i am really happy on how it looks overall as a starter just after a few days ago when i first tried it out will be looking forward on this overall as the software evolves as time goes on

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot about the battle system as I haven't gotten to encountera in my project yet. One of my favorite things about MZ is the Events list in the left pane.

If I were to go back in time, I probably would have waited because the price isnt worth the upgrades I use. However, getting it wasn't a waste because I would have gotten it eventually anyways AND I'll appreciate it even more as I learn to do more. No regrets here and I think you'll really enjoy MZ! :)

EDIT: I just thought of something. MZ would probably be better for someone getting their first copy because there will be more plug-ins as time goes. Why buy two versions when the newer one can do pretty much everything the older one does? Plus, MZ runs smoother and has a few time-saving features.

Last edited:

Hamhi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I forgot about the battle system as I haven't gotten to encountera in my project yet. One of my favorite things about MZ is the Events list in the left pane.

If I were to go back in time, I probably would have waited because the price isnt worth the upgrades I use. However, getting it wasn't a waste because I would have gotten it eventually anyways AND I'll appreciate it even more as I learn to do more. No regrets here and I think you'll really enjoy MZ! :)

EDIT: I just thought of something. MZ would probably be better for someone getting their first copy because there will be more plug-ins as time goes. Why buy two versions when the newer one can do pretty much everything the older one does? Plus, MZ runs smoother and has a few time-saving features.
Just Bought the MZ Software after testing it out and found it it was on sale and even went to get the "Bundle S" for it as i really want to have more options overall for it i cant wait to see how far i can put to the test of the software's limits wish me luck on any future stuff i might get into :smile: :cool:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just Bought the MZ Software after testing it out and found it it was on sale and even went to get the "Bundle S" for it as i really want to have more options overall for it i cant wait to see how far i can put to the test of the software's limits wish me luck on any future stuff i might get into :smile: :cool:
WAHOO - this sounds super cheesy but I'm excited for you! Best of luck! :LZSexcite:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakam47