BlueLaceAgate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone! I've actually had RPG Maker since mid-September, but I haven't really done much on the forums until now. Since it's been confirmed that I'm not a spam bot, I thought I'd introduce myself!
As my name suggests, blue lace agate is my favorite stone. I'm not really into the whole gems-can-heal-your-spirit thing; I just think they look cool. I also love birds! When I was little, I wanted to be an ornithologist. I have a pet parakeet named Troy, and I'm hoping that I can get him a friend soon.
One of my top interests right now is the magical girl genre, especially magical girl anime and manga (though I do enjoy online stories and comics). I like Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure (my favorite seasons so far are Fresh and Smile), Madoka Magica, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Six Hearts Princess, Sleepless Domain, and many more. I hope to make a magical girl RPG one day!
I do YouTube streams as Magical Illune - I'm actually a VTuber, though I don't think I'm very good. I haven't streamed in a while; I've sorta put it on hold because my laptop is getting slow and I don't have a desktop at the moment.
I'm an amateur writer, and I sometimes post stories on the web. Other times, I just keep them in Google Drive, never to be seen by outsiders. I hope to become a published author one day.
But that's not what you all came to hear about, right? You want to hear about what games I want to make!
Well, I have a few ideas:
  • Ilse's Fairytale: On Princess Ilse's twelfth birthday, she was locked up in a tower. Years passed; Ilse's only human contact was with the guards who brought her food every day. Ilse knew the stories, of course - she knew that one day, a prince would come to save her, and so she prayed for his swift arrival. But when someone did come for her, it wasn't a prince, but a demon. Still, Ilse was so desperate to escape that she accepted the demon's offer of a contract. And so it was that Ilse became a witch, escaped the tower, and began her journey around the world. Basically, the game would involve Ilse traveling through various areas in a dark fairytale setting, meeting all sorts of characters - whether they be witches, princes, princesses, or demons - and making decisions that will impact what sort of witch she ultimately becomes in the ending.
  • Unnamed 1967 Game: Okay, I can't make this one with RPG Maker. I was thinking of making it with a different game engine once I have some experience in game dev. The game would have graphics that sorta look like claymation (like in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse) and it would take place in 1967, mostly in the USA. Since I can't make this one with RPG Maker, I won't go into detail about it.
  • Unnamed Magical Girl Game: Honestly, I just want to make a game and/or a visual novel about magical girls at some point in my life.
  • Sucks To Be You, Chosen One: Okay, that title is definitely gonna be changed if I ever make this into an actual game. I just thought that it would be interesting to explore the psychological ramifications that being a kid and also being the overpowered Chosen One would have. It must be hard...
  • Fangames: I won't discuss them here due to legal reasons, but I have ideas for these as well.
Now, the main barrier to me actually making a game is the fact that I have absolutely no talent in the visual arts. I can't do sprites or backgrounds or anything. But I'm sure that I can cross that bridge when I come to it.
Okay, I think that's it for now! Any comments, questions, or concerns?
Thank you for reading this, and I hope you all have a great day!

AnneLaurant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and welcome! How may we call you? :3

I'm interested in Ilse's Fairytale! I have a character named Ilse myself, hoho. Is it in development? Or is it still in the conceptual stage?

For any graphics you might need for your game, you can find free resources around the forum, and if you need more help than that you can recruit artists onto your team.

BlueLaceAgate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello and welcome! How may we call you? :3

I'm interested in Ilse's Fairytale! I have a character named Ilse myself, hoho. Is it in development? Or is it still in the conceptual stage?

For any graphics you might need for your game, you can find free resources around the forum, and if you need more help than that you can recruit artists onto your team.
Hi! I haven't checked the forums in a looooooong time, so I'm sorry for not seeing your reply earlier. You guys can call me Agate (or Blue, or whatever). Ilse's Fairytale is sadly still in the conceptual stage, but I'm hoping to get to work on it soon. I've just been really busy - I recently got another parakeet, and so I've been trying to acclimate him to the house.
Right! Hopefully I can find some good resources.
Thank you for replying :)

Gunmetal_Dreams

Warsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ilse no! You silly girl! Ok, will have to see how she gets herself out this mess.

And you should stick with the title "Sucks To Be You, Chosen One", I like it, it's an original idea :thumbsup-right:

Welcome to the forums, hope your games go well!

BlueLaceAgate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ilse no! You silly girl! Ok, will have to see how she gets herself out this mess.

And you should stick with the title "Sucks To Be You, Chosen One", I like it, it's an original idea:thumbsup-right:

Welcome to the forums, hope your games go well!
Thank you so much!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Upgrading from VX Ace to MV has gone from a cute suggestion to outright required.

Things can only go up from here - I kinda hated being constrained to 640x480 resolution. :LZSwink:
Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clust3rPepis