Hello there!

cockroach

An RPG Jack-of-all-trades
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi all,

I've been looking for a steady community about RPG Maker, and I'm glad I found this one. :)

I think my story is the typical one. I made tons of incomplete games in RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 in my childhood and since then I'm always wanting to make games, in many platforms...

Well, my lastest attempt was doing a roguelike game in CodeSkulptor, a Python learning platform :v
http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user40_Y1e500C1af_26.py (You can play it in the Run button... but it isn't all that playable yet)

It turned out incomplete when the engine said my code was too big and prevented it to run ._.

I enjoy games with good stories and a sense of freedom. Baldur's Gate kinda sums up my taste, and I recently I've been willing to do something along these lines. :p

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm so great at this game - I had -30 / 21 HP and I was still alive! =)

Anyway, welcome to the herd! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

cockroach

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm so great at this game - I had -30 / 21 HP and I was still alive! =)

Anyway, welcome to the herd! =)
Hah, you can't die at the moment. This was more of a practice, the load of work I had to generate dungeons and make all the engine from scratch and the limitations of the platform made me give up with something that isn't still a game :v

But I might resume it in PyGame, or something, so you'll be able to die properly :p

Welcome to the group!
Thankies :)

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hah, you can't die at the moment. This was more of a practice, the load of work I had to generate dungeons and make all the engine from scratch and the limitations of the platform made me give up with something that isn't still a game :v

But I might resume it in PyGame, or something, so you'll be able to die properly :p

Thankies :)
YAY! I want to die so badly! =)

Anyway, I didn't saw anything like that, is that a some kind of engine?

cockroach

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
YAY! I want to die so badly! =)

Anyway, I didn't saw anything like that, is that a some kind of engine?
That is a Python language interpreter, meant to learn to program python. I did some python classes and all the exercises were kind of boring. (For example, do a calculator) So I started developing a roguelike RPG engine in python from scratch. But it kinda sucks in efficiency, cos CodeSkulptor reads the python code and translates it to Java so it runs in the browser... I should one day get my engine out of CodeSkulptor. I might post its progress here if I do :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr