Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Owltears, May 9, 2017.

1. Owltears

Owltears Working on Honey Moon, about 20% done Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hello,

My name is Owltears, you can call me Owl if you'd like. I've never really posted on this forum before, and I'm super nervous about this as I normally just lurk... Due to the fact that I do NOT have WIFI at my house; I use my phone's WIFI which is VERY spotty so if I double post it is by accident, but I'll try to correct it ASAP however I most likely to air on the safe side will just like a post or not comment at all. However I think if I post anything, like graphics or things, it'll be when I'm at the library just in case my phone derps up. Though I may not comment much, know that I comment by heart:kaoluv:

I work as a team with my husband to make games together in different genres and engines. I use RPG Maker VX/ACE and RPG Maker MV, where as my husband only uses MV. In my spare time I'm learning Unity for simple games that can't be made in the RPG Engine. I like to doodle and draw so often times if I don't/cant use/find the RTP faces, end game screens, or other art/picture resources I make my own. I haven't made any recently however as my art tablet cord to connect it to my laptop is faulty so it disconnects while I draw a LOT.

Maybe when I make a lot of stuff adn package it all up I can give it away, hopeully I can do that! (sply with all my half finished ideas and stuff *cough* *cough)

Game Genres I Like to Make:

I don't often complete my games but I've been better at nearly completing them since I met my husband. To summarize what I often try to make in both engines are: horror, apocalypse, school themed ,fantasy, crafting/survival, romance, mystery, sci-fi, puzzle solving, comedy, and mix mashes of one or more of the listed genres.

Inspiration to make Games:

I originally became inspired to make RPG Maker games after watching Markiplier play the Witche's House, IB and Mad Father, a few years ago. I was surprised that games made in the RPG Engine(s) could even be made scary, or be so enveloping yet so simple. I looked up different communities and saw how there was so many people sharing their ideas and projects and helping each other make something new, it was fascinating; and still is! So I saved up for a few years and bought it RPG Maker VX:ACE on a winter steam sale a few years ago, and still use it today!:kaojoy:

Random Facts About Me:

• I love owls and birds in general. If you have any/know of free owl/bird sprites or tutorials to make them for MV or ACE I'd love to use them. (With credit of course!)
    • I like to draw but my tablet power cord is broke so I'm saving up for a WIFI Adapter for it.
    • I use both American and Canadian English spelling of common words interchangeably so pardon my mashed up spelling. I often visited my Canadian relatives for long periods of time so I picked up the spelling lol
    • I plan to make BOTH commercial and free games
    • If I can get my tablet fixed one day I would love to offer my art to the community!

Did I leave anything out, or did I add to much? Please let me know.

-Owl :kaohi:

Ps. I LOVE these little Kaomoji's!

2. Kyoku

Kyoku Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaoluv:I LOVE these little Kaomoji too!:kaoluv:
    So, nice to meet ya, Owl!:kaohi:Hope we can get along great!:kaojoy:
    This forum is awesome, so feel free to lurk however you would like, but I'd love to see ya around!:kaopride:
    See ya! Enjoy ya stay!:kaohi:Sorry about my overuse of the little Kaomoji guys:kaoswt:

3. Owltears

Owltears Working on Honey Moon, about 20% done Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Oh no no you're fine! I only used a little cause I didn't know if I added too many.
    But thank you! I hope we can get along too! Your avatar is very cute!

Good luck making your game, and thank you for the welcome!:kaojoy:

Kyoku likes this.
  4. CleanWater

CleanWater Independent Developer Veteran

First Language:
    PT-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Welcome!

Sometimes I just lurk here too, so don't bother yourself about it. :aswt: