JesFang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already made my first post but i feel like a presentation is in order

I am 27 years old, to be honest i had this tools for ages XP, VX Ace, MV, VN Maker but as i tried and tried and going pretty slow i always ended up leaving every project i started (that and i procrastinate a lot... like really A LOT) and im not much into forums this would be the second forum i join because facebook groups didnt help me that much really so in hope of finally finishing the dream of the child me from the past i joined here in hope to get some help at first and later help others.

i like to design characters and draw, but struggle at storytelling, pixel art / sprites and have zero music composition abilities (so basically everything else).

here is a sample of the only character design i actually finished

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
console.log("Hello world inhabitant!");
You look like you have talent in drawing, but it still has room for improvement. The face is crude. Which results in your avatar looking like a child while the picture itself looks more like a high schooler. The lighting is off, especially at the collarbone and waist it's visible (her right side shouldn't be covered by shadow as there's nothing that throws the shadow. If there was, her right side wouldn't be completely exposed). And she's so skinny it's unhealthy. Her collar bone sticks out more than it should and her arms are not something I'd put my confidence in. Her waist belt is also a little bit too high from the looks of it.

JesFang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
console.log("Hello world inhabitant!");
You look like you have talent in drawing, but it still has room for improvement. The face is crude. Which results in your avatar looking like a child while the picture itself looks more like a high schooler. The lighting is off, especially at the collarbone and waist it's visible (her right side shouldn't be covered by shadow as there's nothing that throws the shadow. If there was, her right side wouldn't be completely exposed). And she's so skinny it's unhealthy. Her collar bone sticks out more than it should and her arms are not something I'd put my confidence in. Her waist belt is also a little bit too high from the looks of it.
thanks i really appreciate that, actually since i usually never color my drawings i dont have much practice with light/shadows, the skinny complexion i guess is because I ended up adopting parts of the style of both Kei Nanameda (mugen souls artist) and Takehito Harada (disgaea artist) because i loved their style:rswt i guess i will focus on improving lighting/shadows for it appears to be my biggest problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Either I just had one of those dreams where you think you're awake, or I have time traveled. I woke up at 6:58am this morning, heard my father leaving for work, laid back down, now its 1:16am.
So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO