MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not totally new to RPG Maker, as I had VX on my old laptop six years ago. But when that laptop died on me last autumn, so too went VX.

I bought my new one with my Christmas money last week and downloaded the trial for MV. I was enticed into getting it due to so many features that VX lacked, from a character generator to simple ridges for hilltops and cliffs (VX couldn't do such ledges, making mountains turn into virtual walls). Another thing that surprised me? More than five tilesets available!

Yet even still, my current project -- dormant for a few years -- needs a bit of a boost.

It's supposed to be your standard fairy tale/medieval fantasy setting which tends to poke at run-of-the-mill RPG concepts (mute protagonists, "Chosen Ones", the 99-of-one-item cap, etc.) with the occasional fourth-wall bits, a la The Great Muppet Caper.

Looking over the resources, some of the stuff I tended to eye, especially the Samurai and Arabian Nights tiles, seemed to be for earlier versions. The latter being optimized for VX ACE.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I hope your project goes well! I bet it'll be awesome!

MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited by a moderator:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS