MistysKarma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, I'm Kara. I do a lot of stuff but right now I'm trying to work on a simple game for a very small company so that involves doing roughly everything myself. I'm having a bit of trouble with the tutorials here... but I'm excited to try and learn anyway.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have trouble with a tutorial here on the forum, simply state your question in that tutorial topic.

One general advice: reading a tutorial is always a waste of time, to really understand it you'll have to do what the tutorial says in a scrap game yourself. A lot of questions are automatically answered if you try them instead of just reading them.
For example when a tutorial required an increase in map size but didn't specifically state to press the buttons for that, but it became obvious as soon as you tried to replicate the map given.

If there are still questions after that, just make a new topic in the support forum for your maker.
and you might want to start with the starting point tutorial linked in my signature.

MistysKarma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
if you have trouble with a tutorial here on the forum, simply state your question in that tutorial topic.

One general advice: reading a tutorial is always a waste of time, to really understand it you'll have to do what the tutorial says in a scrap game yourself. A lot of questions are automatically answered if you try them instead of just reading them.
For example when a tutorial required an increase in map size but didn't specifically state to press the buttons for that, but it became obvious as soon as you tried to replicate the map given.

If there are still questions after that, just make a new topic in the support forum for your maker.
and you might want to start with the starting point tutorial linked in my signature.
I actually read yours first! Most of the problems are that the links are incomplete, gone, or deleted so where I could get an idea and then work it out myself after playing around I can't seem to get where I want to be, like there's five pages existing on how to make so you can choose your characters gender but they all go to the same tutorial with the same link that's broken XD I managed to just learn how to get an opening screen because someone else saved to link before the owner deleted it. I'm okay with playing in the muck, but I'm just having a hard time finding muck. Also since I wanted to make my own art things I was hoping to find more information on aspect ratio and stuff...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace is an old version, most people moved on to MV and MZ, and that caused a lot of older websites to expire when their owners lost interest.
However, a lot of the pure eventing tutorials are the same between Ace, MV and MZ - the changes were only in the scripting (Ace uses Ruby-based script in a script editor, MV and MZ use javascript-based plugins with an easier handling).
And if you have questions, just ask - for your question about genders I suggest looking into tsukihime's tag manager script for ace, and just use events with show choice to ask the player which actor he/she wants.

MistysKarma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
That's helpful, sorry I was gone so long, I was fixing my mistake XD When I came to the site I was confused on which was the most current, so I chose the one with the most letters in the end. Now that I understand a bit more I have the correct program for when I want to make an RPG, but after taking a step back I realized there's no "enemies" to speak of in the current project so it's more of a weird visual novel... and got the creator package to save on time and money.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113