sleepykat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice to (officially) meet you!

I've been lurking around the forums for quite a number of years now, but never made an account. I first got VX Ace around ten years ago as a gift, and I've only gotten more and more into game design as time wore on. I made a couple fan games when I was younger, then in 2017 I started working on my first original project, Reverie: the last Requiem. I made it a fair ways into development for RlR before I hit a wall in using VX Ace, and after some contemplation I recently decided to bite the bullet and remake it in RMMV instead.

This, of course, led me down a rabbit hole of gathering up MV assets...which brought me back here, the same repository of resources and advice I'd been going to for ten years already. I figured at this point I had lurked enough, and that now was as good a time as any to finally make an account and get to know everyone.

So on that note, I'd like to give a huge shout-out to all the amazing community members here! If it weren't for the (often free and always amazing!) resources, scripts, and practical advice found here, I never would have made it as far as I have. Thank you guys so much for all the hard work you've done, and I hope you continue to get every bit of recognition and support that you deserve!

Much love,
SleepyKat

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi sleepycat and welcome to the world of MV! You'll find plenty of similarities to things you are used to but, in case you're interested, MV has built-in tutorials (ynder Help section. SRDude, Driftwood Gaming, and I think Echo607 have YouTube tutorialw too though. By the way, that assets rabbit hole is a frequent stop for me too.

Anyways, thanks for saying hello and best of luck on your project! :)

sleepykat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi sleepycat and welcome to the world of MV! You'll find plenty of similarities to things you are used to but, in case you're interested, MV has built-in tutorials (ynder Help section. SRDude, Driftwood Gaming, and I think Echo607 have YouTube tutorialw too though. By the way, that assets rabbit hole is a frequent stop for me too.

Anyways, thanks for saying hello and best of luck on your project! :)
Thank you for the warm welcome, and for the wonderful resources! I didn't know about the built-in tutorials, so that definitely helps a lot ^^

I'll keep doing my best! Just as soon as I escape that assets rabbit hole, that is... ;v;

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjum