Jeb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My name is Jeb. Well, it's actually Jonathan Elijah Boyd, but Jeb is good enough. I've wanted to make a game for a long time, but I've always lacked the programming and artistic skills to do so. Even today I'm gimped in these areas. One thing I do have, however, is a writer's touch for many things. That isn't to say I'm some gifted writer, but one thing I know I can bring to gaming is a story. So here I am.

I made simple games using RPG Maker VX Ace, and learned a lot helping somebody else make their games, but I've never made a large-scale game. I recently purchased RPG Maker MV, and got that book about making an RPG in a weekend which was updated for the MV engine, and hope to start learning more.

I'm inspired by the classic JRPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. These were my bread and butter growing up, and would love to make something similar to Chrono Trigger, but on a larger scale, and with a lot more open world features. For starters, I'm in the planning phases of a dungeon crawler, as suggested by that aforementioned book, and slowly build out a collection of scripts for that bigger project.

Anyways. There's nothing there yet, but I will be blogging at The Addventurer's Guild. It's a portmanteau coined by Allen "Prisoner" Firstenberg, and carries the heart and soul of what I one day hope to accomplish through making games—to form a community of gamers, writers, designers, and developers that create the most memorable games ever. Don't worry, I'll work on that plan a little. Anyhow, thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

You'll probably be wanting to change that link from actually in the post to in your sig instead. Why the second "d" in the name though? Sounds like a math adventure game rather than a website when written that way.

Jeb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll probably be wanting to change that link from actually in the post to in your sig instead. Why the second "d" in the name though? Sounds like a math adventure game rather than a website when written that way.

I can't figure out how to edit my signature, though I assume that's because I'm not a full member yet, since the only place I've posted is in the Introductions section, where my post count doesn't matter.

Anyways, the extra "d" is part of the meaning of the word. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addventure for more information. It essentially means that people add to the adventure, creating collaborative storytelling and roleplaying experiences, thus the reason it's called The Addventure's Guild.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't figure out how to edit my signature, though I assume that's because I'm not a full member yet, since the only place I've posted is in the Introductions section, where my post count doesn't matter.

To edit your sig go up to your name in the top-right corner of the page and hover your mouse pointer over it until the dropdown menu opens then select "Account Settings", from there just look to the left in the new page for the link labeled "Signature".

Jeb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To edit your sig go up to your name in the top-right corner of the page and hover your mouse pointer over it until the dropdown menu opens then select "Account Settings", from there just look to the left in the new page for the link labeled "Signature".

I don't know how I missed that yesterday. I even looked right at Display Name, but must have been oblivious to Signature in the list. I went back and forth between Profile and Account like 3 times yesterday. Anyhow, thank you.

spritemight

Donut Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi there! Welcome to the group and I wish you luck!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitHat