Alulis

✧ ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've dabbled a little bit in RMMV last year, but ended up putting a year long hiatus on stuff I was working on due to school! I've been wanting to get back into this, and am now relearning all of the stuff I've forgotten ;;;

I love drawing, making pixel art, and writing stories, so I figured I could combine them into making games! I'm really weak with coding and making plugins (and hopefully I can learn throughout this year!). Old JRPGs were a staple in my childhood gaming, and my love of them are still with me today.

My favorite genres are horror/psychological/adventure, and I hope to make a game that is of those genres.

Nice to meet you all!!

Last edited:

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome Alulis, my cat sister! Meow.
If you like talking about pizza and other food items, please come over to my profile and litter it with pictures and tasty comments. If you need help with anything, @Poryg is a code m-m-m-m-master. He will try to help you, but will leave the mega advanced madness to you. He will give you all the tools you need I think, as I've seen him constantly help others.
@EpicFILE will talk food too!
@573Games has imagi-cookies.
@starlight dream already likes you I bet.
And also, if you ever just need general advice, General Discussion is rife with the stuff. Meow.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome Alulis! Good to meet you, this is the right place to learn while having fun.
Best of luck with your game making! :)

Haha @Sauteed_Onion, that's an interesting welcoming speech! And you're right I like Alulis already.

@EpicFILE will talk food too!
LOL So will @phamtruong1992 but he'll most likely talk about eating you (being a dragon and all that...)

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to clarify, @Sauteed_Onion is overestimating my skills. I'm no more knowledgeable than an advanced beginner.
I should definitely do something about the helping though, 600 posts in 3 months, that is even greater pace than my first 1000 :D
But he is right. If I can and am in the mood, I help. And if it is too complex for me to spend time on, I give hints. And I generally don't do plugin requests or don't support plugins, because I don't really use them.

Last edited:

Confections

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm pretty new myself. I agree with all of your things! The art, the games, the storywriting, the weakness to coding--they're all very spot on. I'm assuming your avatar is a pixel graphic you've made, and if my assumption is correct, I cannot wait to see how your games turn out!
I'm gonna call it now, Alulis is one to watch :)

Feel free to hit me up if you want to talk stories :D
or anything in general.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there!
At first I thought your avatar was a white monkey.
Apparently it's a white cat! :0
Forgive me for my obvious ignorance.

Hopefully you enjoy your stay here! :D

@Sauteed_Onion
Somehow I have a feeling that you'll be @starlight dream successor. o_O
And no, I don't talk about foods. I talk about "pun-cakes".
You misdiagnosed my expertise. :p

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome, Alulis!

I'm bad at coding, but one of the great things I've loved about MV (over XP, which I used to use) is how easy it is to incorporate plugins to cover my lack of coding skills. Yanfly, Himeworks, and others have free to use plugins that I've found useful in my projects. But I wouldn't overlook the range of things that can be done using the basic editor... play with it and have fun seeing what you can get to work without ever touching a line of code!

Alulis

✧ ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome!!! I feel like I'm going to have a great time here!

@Sauteed_Onion Yes!! Cats are so adorable (meow), and I'm happy to stumble across another cat lover right away✧ ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \. And thank you so much for the list of people, this is really really helpful. Also, I love food and cats, so I'll probably be hitting up your profile a few times!

@starlight dream Thank you so much, I can't wait to stuff my head with all of this knowledge! I like you too!!

@Poryg Oh wow, thanks!! Helping out a lot throughout the forum must be pretty exhausting, huh? I do think I learn the best when I puzzle through it, so hints are definitely appreciated! Thank you for all the hard work.

@Confections Haha, wow, another twin! And thank you! I'm not sure if it'll come out well, but your encouragement really pumps me up - I can't wait to see what you'll be putting out as well! I love talking about stories too, so I'll be sure to hit you up in the future

@EpicFILE Oh!! Ahahaha!! And don't worry about it, I can kinda see it as a monkey now too. I'm guessing you really like puns? My weakness! (although, my own pun game is very weak)

@573Games Cookies?? DELICIOUS! The current game I'm fleshing out is a puzzle horror game where you play as a witch who makes potions as per the request of your odd clients. Although you'll have to go around your surrounding environments to gather ingredients, you'll also have to go into their dreams to get special key ingredients (and help them fight their own inner demons that they originally ordered the potion for?? or something along those lines, I'm still trying to make the plot a little bit more solid, too many ideas haha). Mechanics are still a little wishy-washy as well, as I'm going to really have to get creative with making puzzles/mechanics since I don't think I'll want to put in a battle system to gather potion ingredients (as I feel it could potentially become a grind trying to get drops, which may detract from the overall atmosphere of the game).

@Rubescen Oh, yeah I'm definitely excited about that! I know that I'll definitely be using that as a crutch atm, until I start learning enough where I won't have to blindly rely too too much on all those cool fancy plugins. Thank you so much for the names, though, I've seen Yanfly's and I'm completely blown away by the sheer amount of plugins they've made already.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alulis It is exhausting, that is for sure. But from time to time it can be interesting and sometimes I learn something too. However, I need to limit it, because I spend too much time here, that is for sure.

RealAngel

Fire Spinning Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and welcome! :) I am fairly new to the community myself and already feel at home in these forums, so have no worries about having fun and learning lots! I have a thread here (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?posts/811037/) documenting my progress through learning and starting my first project if you care to check it out :D Excited to see how your ideas progress!

Last edited:

Alulis

✧ ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RealAngel I'm so happy everyone here is so friendly! Also that seems like a wonderful learning tool, I'll be sure to check it out. I love how passionate and hardworking everyone is here about their projects, other's projects, and the engine itself, it really is inspiring and really drives me to try my best.

Thank you so much, and good luck with your project!! :kaopride:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif
Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun