JohnSpy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! My names JohnSpy. I'm new to RPG maker! I recently found that RPG Maker MV was on sale so I picked it up.
I wanna make a Earthbound Styled game but i think im gonna start with something small. What RPG Maker is your favorite?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello JohnSpy, welcome on forum. I prefer MV or MZ (they are similar), because it's the newest and have the best posibilities.

arsMori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welcome!

i only have experiece with mv, since the plugins feature is something that seemed really helpful (plus it as cheaper than mz at the time)

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If it weren't for three fairly big issues, I'd say XP absolutely. But, honestly, I like them all (well, maybe not VX, and I guess it has been quite a long time since I used 95), I just use MV both because I love the damage formula and it has native linux accessibility.

JohnSpy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang you must have been using rpg maker for a looooong time that version hasn't been officially translated yet!

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi johnspy! welcome to the forums!

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dang you must have been using rpg maker for a looooong time that version hasn't been officially translated yet!
I still remember how awesome it was when rpg makers were officially translated. RM2k especially, the Steam version got neat QoL updates.

On the note of an Earthbound style game, you could probably make a short version of that as your first one, something like a single town and dungeon thing just to get some experience with the system.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I still remember how awesome it was when rpg makers were officially translated. RM2k especially, the Steam version got neat QoL updates.

On the note of an Earthbound style game, you could probably make a short version of that as your first one, something like a single town and dungeon thing just to get some experience with the system.
Translating the help file for RPG-Advocate's rm2k3 localisation patch was fun. XD

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome human! Get that gam mak.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aryanyb