motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I'm triyng to make a game where enemies kills you just by touching you, but still don't understand how to do it and i don't know how to remove the lv or the health bars.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This isn't the right forum, but as you don't specify which maker you are using I can't move it to the correct place. So please tell us which engine you're using.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
This isn't the right forum, but as you don't specify which maker you are using I can't move it to the correct place. So please tell us which engine you're using.

Oh hi again, I'm using vx ace but, what do you mean that this isn't the right forum, that time you said that to find help I have to post in resource support

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If you need help with resources (which was your question last time), then yes this is the right forum. But your question this time has noting to do with resources and is a general "how do I?" question for Ace, hence it belongs in Ace Support.

Moving this to Ace Support.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Look at Andar's tutorial - starting point for new users.
Link below this text.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you need help with resources (which was your question last time), then yes this is the right forum. But your question this time has noting to do with resources and is a general "how do I?" question for Ace, hence it belongs in Ace Support.

[mod]Moving this to Ace Support.[/mod]

Ok, if you say so I'll go to ace tutorials. Sorry again.

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Look at Andar's tutorial - starting point for new users.
Link below this text.

Thanks, but I don't think this is what I was searching for, or maybe I didn't read well.
If I have to be more specific my game will be something like an horror where you have to run away from monsters to not die.
So I think that leaving the lv, the bars and useless icons would be a little lazy of me.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@motman , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to quote multiple people at a time, please use the '+quote' option, or just @ the person.

The tutorial was linked because it'll help save you time in the long run, by helping you learn how to use rpg maker. You can make the enemy event kill the player by having its move route set to chase the player and its event page have a game over activated by event touch, but if you haven't familiarized yourself with events and commands then it'll be harder on you to know how you can change that to perfectly fit your game.

Removing the levels and bars is an entirely different thing, so you'd need to look for a script that would do that. And if you can't find one, then you'll have to make a post in the Script Request section asking for it.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, how about playing this:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/free-tutorial-game-for-vx-ace-events.29370/

so you can learn how to do the basics, then, before deploying the game, (when you got it almost finished) you can tweak the menu, since it is a little more tricky.

The game I suggest you to play, along with @Andar 's tutorials, are a good start that will save you a lot of time and confusion. Even experienced users got something from them, so yes, why not?

Enemies killing you at touch, are Map Events set to be moved towards the player and on hero touch game over.
If you don't understand what I just said, please consider following our suggestions. ;)

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
[dpost]@motman [/dpost]
If you want to quote multiple people at a time, please use the '+quote' option, or just @ the person.

The tutorial was linked because it'll help save you time in the long run, by helping you learn how to use rpg maker. You can make the enemy event kill the player by having its move route set to chase the player and its event page have a game over activated by event touch, but if you haven't familiarized yourself with events and commands then it'll be harder on you to know how you can change that to perfectly fit your game.

Removing the levels and bars is an entirely different thing, so you'd need to look for a script that would do that. And if you can't find one, then you'll have to make a post in the Script Request section asking for it.

Sorry and thanks.

But gosh, I've started this forum with the wrong foot

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No don't get intimidated.
We HAVE to use blue texts to state mistakes, we know you are new, you are not in trouble, we do that so you can learn fast how things work.

So don't worry. We know you need time to adapt, everyone did.

:)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but you should also make your titles more descriptive.
"Help 2" doesn't tell us anything.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but you should also make your titles more descriptive.
"Help 2" doesn't tell us anything.

@Roninator2 we know. Imagine throwing all mistakes done on the face of a new member though. Let moderators make such statements since this is considered backseat mod, something people should avoid doing.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Imagine throwing all mistakes done on the face of a new member though. Let moderators make such statements since this is considered backseat mod, something people should avoid doing.
Yep. sorry. Was waiting for it to be mentioned. I have sometimes seen stuff like this not get mentioned, but if it's not then the new member can't learn.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Learning is a step by step process though, we don't want to scare people out of the forum. We are 3 mods here, we DID noticed the title. We just want to focus on guiding the new member and by the way state mistakes gradually. Imagine that.
You come here for the first time, a mod comes with almighty blue text telling you not to double post.
Then another one comes to tell you that your title is wrong,
then a third moves the thread to a proper place... can you imagine THAT as a first experience? :p:p:p

Edit: Not to mention that posting things like that might cause drama between members. That's why the reporting sysyem exists.

Last edited:

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Learning is a step by step process though, we don't want to scare people out of the forum. We are 3 mods here, we DID noticed the title. We just want to focus on guiding the new member and by the way state mistakes gradually. Imagine that.
You come here for the first time, a mod comes with almighty blue text telling you not to double post.
Then another one comes to tell you that your title is wrong,
then a third moves the thread to a proper place... can you imagine THAT as a first experience? :p:p:p

So it's as if my first experience was like a r*pe.
However thanks for the EVENTS game you made it's really helpfull especially the lame first map.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As I said:

No don't get intimidated.
We HAVE to use blue texts to state mistakes, we know you are new, you are not in trouble, we do that so you can learn fast how things work.

So don't worry. We know you need time to adapt, everyone did.

:)

I think the words you used were an exaggeration. We are here to help everyone, it's your first few steps, you will get used to the forum rules, I suggest you should read them a little later on, and as I said, don't get intimidated . :p

motman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think this is an exaggeration. We are here to help everyone, it's your first few steps, you will get used to the forum rules, I suggest you should read them a little later on, and as I said, don't get intimidated . :p

That's reassuring thanks ... rpg maker father figure :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badalias