Status
Not open for further replies.

gamemaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need help. I downloaded the trial version of RPG maker VX ACE to see if it suits my needs.

So far i have only seen how to make TBS turn based battle systems. I was wondering how to make ABS action based battle. If you dont know what that is. Its the same type of combat used in Runscape, Crystal Saga, Grand Epic online. And a lot of other MMORPGs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes!

It's possible with events; but that can get fairly complicated and I haven't written that tutorial yet.

Most people will tell you to search the forums for a script that will do this for you. Take a look in the scripting section. There are a few of them out there. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Scripts and a lot of dedication. In my experience with the different communities, the same answer has almost always been given. You need to have a strong grasp on the how program works, as well as an understanding on how to use scripts. Creating an ABS game is probably one of the hardest things to attempt.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, my approach may not be the best, but it often works for me. Grab something you want to work with (like me and my chose side-view battle system), dive in, and keep going til it works. o.o;

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That, and really your only option is using scripts for now, so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soryumi