I know how to adjust the party size

in script editor

by editing this in Game_Party

def max_battle_members

return 4 - changing 4 to 3 or how many do you like

end

but I want to know how to change that using a script call

is it possible?

I just want to reduce the party size to 3 temporarily then return to 4 again later

thanks in advance  :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need a script that rewrites that sequence to check a variable instead of automatically returning 4.

something like

def max_battle_members return $game_variables[999]end(untested, but should work - replace the 999 with the number of the variable that you want to use)It's untested, but it shoould work - you just have to set that variable to 4 at the beginning of your game, and then change it to whatever number you want whenever you want

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think archeia has a script snippet that changes party size with a switch. I'm not sure if you can use it without buying the Luna Engine pack though.

Tobiasu

Wizman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think archeia has a script snippet that changes party size with a switch. I'm not sure if you can use it without buying the Luna Engine pack though.
thanks for the help guys!

I decide to use the option above and it works

the only problem is the walking members was still 4 even I changed the party size to 3

but in battle, the actors are only 3 and that's exactly what I want.

the only way to make them 3 walking members is to remove and add the members again.

solved!  ;)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just try a $game_player.refresh call in a script after changing the number of followers.

Also, I hit the "Mark Solved" button on the post that actually solved your question, rather than YOUR post that said it was solved. The purpose is to put the "correct answer" at the top of the thread so others with the same question can quickly see the answer without having to read through the entire thread.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD
The game is not even 2% complete, but i just wanted to release something for funsies. :)
It's on my google drive.
It would be awesome if i could get a couple ideas and the like!
So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wispy