HELP, BATTLE EVENTS

azurezero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
i'm trying to get a common event to run every turn in battle, but no matter what span, conditions i use it only runs once if at all... i need it to change my battler pic (cause i couldnt find a good script except the one my friend wont let me use)

the common event works just fine, but it wont run in battle

oh and im using yanfly's core, not sure if that interferes

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post a screenshot of the event - basically you need to condition it to run every turn number, with a span of turn to repeat it every turn. If that doesn't work for you, we need to see what you've done to find your problem.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common events don't run in battle automatically - you have to call them with a Call Common Event command.

I think Tsukihime wrote a script that would allow common events to run in scenes other than the map, so that may be helpful.

But why do you want to run something on every turn, to change your battler pic? Does your battler change on every turn?

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Use a Troop Event with the span set to 'Turn' instead of a Common Event.  If you want you can have the Troop Event CALL the Common Event (as has been suggested), or you can place the event commands in the Troop Event itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion