Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

The help button does not work for me in Visual Studio Maker:
upload_2017-11-16_23-2-4.png

I rebooted my computer & still did not work.

Ctrl-? does also not work

Visual Studio Maker Version: 1.0.1032
Thanks for looking into this,

Joy Diamond

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Joy,
Can you go Right click properties in Steam -> local files -> Verify file integrity?

Joy Diamond

Talkative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Joy,
Can you go Right click properties in Steam -> local files -> Verify file integrity?

I don't have a "Verify file Integrity" instead I have a "Verify Integrity of Application Files" which I clicked on instead:
upload_2017-11-16_23-19-42.png

I will also mention when I entered steam it was updating Visual Novel Maker and was at 95% (so I was not fast enough to get a picture before it got to 100%).

It has completed & same as before, nothing happens when I click the help button.

UPDATED: I have had the same problem with RPG Maker MV -- the help file not coming up -- though there it is not as serious, as I can find the help file via Program Files -> RPG Maker MV (since I did not get RPG Maker MV via steam). I only mention this as the two issues might be related. Also I use firefox.

Joy Diamond

Talkative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

It seems that you can't open HTML files for some reason.

Thanks! -- That was a hint to fix this:

upload_2017-11-16_23-38-17.png

This fixed the problem with help files for RPG Maker MV, but not for Visual Studio Maker MV.

So next step (here I found out that for some reason it uses "index.htm" for the help file instead of "index.html"):

upload_2017-11-16_23-42-58.png

upload_2017-11-16_23-45-43.png

So now the help comes up from within Visual Studio Maker
Thanks for your help,

Joy Diamond -- who has wandered off to read tons of documentation now :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999