Help Changing color of animation.

HM_Misfit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey can anyone help me change the Holy 2 animation to black? With the Hue changer it won't go to black and I have no clue how to do it otherwise. I am using RMMV RTP for animations.

It looks like this but then I can't seem to make the opacity work properly in game. It still shows white cutout images.Untitled__1_-removebg-preview (2).png

Last edited:

arsMori

Drawer of Images
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need a photo editing application like Photoshop or Gimp to do that, AFAIK the software itself can't do that. I'll do a quick edit of the animation though, will return and edit this post when I'm done.

Edit: here's the pics, 2 versions since the details can't be seen in one of them

Holy2 Black2.pngHoly2 Black1.png

Last edited:

HM_Misfit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need a photo editing application like Photoshop or Gimp to do that, AFAIK the software itself can't to that. I'll do a quick edit of the animation though, will return and edit this post when I'm done.

Edit: here's the pics, 2 versions since the details can't be seen in one of them

View attachment 226354View attachment 226353
Thanks a lot! Been giving me a headache this past hour lol.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey can anyone help me change the Holy 2 animation to black? With the Hue changer it won't go to black and I have no clue how to do it otherwise. I am using RMMV RTP for animations.

I know you already have an answer by using a different image but...
Here's a way to do it without using a different image :)

& many other things with the image without altering it in an outside program and get nice results directly ;)

Using this:

Like this:
1652690712225.png
Class: Sprite_Animation
Property of Function: prototype
Function: setup
Post Script:
Code:
if (animation) {
  if (animation.id === 121){
    this._filters=[new PIXI.filters.ColorMatrixFilter(),new PIXI.filters.ColorMatrixFilter()];
    this._filters[0]['blackAndWhite'](4);
    this._filters[0]['brightness'](0);
  };
};

Change 121 to whatever animation Id you want

Setup & Looks like this:

Also with this way of doing things you can even do basically use any pixi filter setup you want
...like these ;)...

Last edited:

HM_Misfit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know you already have an answer by using a different image but...
Here's a way to do it without using a different image :)

& many other things with the image without altering it in an outside program and get nice results directly ;)

Using this:

Like this:
View attachment 226355
Class: Sprite_Animation
Property of Function: prototype
Function: setup
Post Script:
Code:
if (animation) {
  if (animation.id === 121){
    this._filters=[new PIXI.filters.ColorMatrixFilter(),new PIXI.filters.ColorMatrixFilter()];
    this._filters[0]['blackAndWhite'](4);
    this._filters[0]['brightness'](0);
  };
};

Change 121 to whatever animation Id you want

Setup & Looks like this:

Also with this way of doing things you can even do basically use any pixi filter setup you want
...like these ;)...
This is amazing. I will try familiarize myself with this. My idea of the animation I was going for was something like this.
Unholy Arrow.gif

Silvermane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was having problems just changing the colors of regular animations, I can move the sliders around to set it differently and save it, and it just doesn't manifest in the animation.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xcarlet