Help changing mana points to a different stat

Nekomimi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So essentially I'm making a game where a very core mechanic is "morale" which I want to have multiple effects, and thought one way to do this would be to rework how mana points currently works and go from there.

I want it to be stat that can be reduced from things like specific enemy attacks, taking damage, party members dying, etc. It can be increased by things like winning battles, or certain moves. Morale's effects are that certain skills can't be used without a certain amount of morale (however using said skills doesn't necessarily reduce morale), it increase hit rate, dodge rate, and low amounts of it can cause things like your party members to flee. (I'm sorry, very complex)

The last thing that is important is I want a variable that can be changed through in game events that essentially effects how easy it is to gain/lose the stat (for example, +5% morale means you have a 5% increase to morale gain, and that morale losses aren't as apparent) so that the story effects combat performance. Any help on how to make any part of this core mechanic would be greatly appreciated!

BrandyMoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
You can measure your MP with a parallax event that keeps track of it into a variable, than have your mechanic use a common event that resets a player stat to that variable you assigned and quickly gives/uses/consumes an item that has that effect (increase hit rate, dodge rate, ect).

Nekomimi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's a good idea, I'll try it out and see if it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi