Not open for further replies.

Butcherr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
hope this is the right place to post this question here?

I've got a rather strange situation with Chrome on Mac OSX Sierra 10.13.6. Since yesterday, I have not been able to use Whatsapp Web and Captchas have stopped working. They claim I have an out of date version of Chrome, but I'm running version 86.0.4240.111 (official build) (x86_64), which should be the latest. I've tried re-installing Chrome even I have use this YO Whatsapp but it doesn't seem to have done much. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas what might be causing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one possibility is that those other apps have a bad checkfor versions and your chrome version is too new.
Basically "we don't know 111, the newest one is 110 - this has to be an old version and we will stop with a please update message"
in such case you'll have to wait until the other apps are updated as well

another possibility is that your chrome was corrupted by a virus. yes, there are some virus available on MacOS - there just aren't any scriptkiddies and hacker-wannabe's that are swamping the net with millions of similiar virus-families, but that makes the few existing for MacOS even more critical.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one possibility is that those other apps have a bad checkfor versions and your chrome version is too new.
Basically "we don't know 111, the newest one is 110 - this has to be an old version and we will stop with a please update message"
Well, those version checks could always just fetch the latest version number from here:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, those version checks could always just fetch the latest version number
"should" - do you know how many things went wrong because one programmer got too lazy to work correctly? And not even intentional - when you're on a deadline and had to have to finish a big program a week ago you can't dot every i and cross every t...

Spence

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3

I've got a rather strange situation with Chrome on Mac OSX Sierra 10.13.6. Since yesterday, I have not been able to use GBWhatsapp Web and Captchas have stopped working. They claim I have an out of date version of Chrome, but I'm running version 86.0.4240.111 (official build) (x86_64), which should be the latest. I've tried re-installing Chrome even I have use this YO Whatsapp but it doesn't seem to have done much. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas what might be causing it?
Have you used the beta version of Chrome?

John70

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I've got a rather strange situation with Chrome on Mac OSX Sierra 10.13.6. Since yesterday, I have not been able to use Whatsapp Web and Captchas have stopped working. They claim I have an out of date version of Chrome, but I'm running version 86.0.4240.111 (official build) (x86_64), which should be the latest. I've tried re-installing Chrome even I have use thisYO Whatsapp but it doesn't seem to have done much. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas what might be causing it?
Did you try to use a VPN? Connect to any VPN and then try accessing the Whatsapp web. Another thing you can do is uninstall chrome and then reinstall it. Yo Whatsapp is an Android app it'll not work with web view, but you can use an emulator like Bluestacks to access it. Also, try other browsers; contact your ISP if the problem isn't fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who wants to see me mock my brother's story? Brother story: thus he summoned a mighty twenty foot lizard. My Comment: Godzilla is attacking the city! As bad as these 4 are at shopping I wouldn't be surprised if Jun didn't proudly return with a chamber pot on her head. "Look at this helmet I got for 1,000 gold!"
Apparently I'm a grandpa now.

20220128_181216.jpg20220128_181227.jpg
Sales Goal of Learn RPG Maker MV at 64% now! :kaopride:
When I was in the hospital I did actually have a nurse that was funny, did all these extra nice things for me and said she liked me. So you know what that means. That will be the last time I'll hear from her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilrick0712