Help: Conditional damage formula on crit...

Novic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to be able to use a different damage formula for a given skill if it crits. I recall once seeing something along the lines of
Code:
a.result.isCritical()
but I have a sneaking suspicion that only applies to VXAce.

Currently my formula looks like this:

Code:
if (b.enemyId() === 8) $gameSwitches.setValue(10,true); if (b.enemyId() === 1 && a.result.isCritical()) a.atk * 100 - b.def * 2 else a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

(The first if statement is unrelated and is only included for the sake of completeness.)

I spent some hours now searching for an answer and have come up dry. Is there a way to accomplish this in MV?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t know if checking for criticals is possible but you could use a random number to represent your criticals and just not use the defaul critical system.

Math.floor(Math.random()*10) Would return a number 0-9.

Novic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t know if checking for criticals is possible but you could use a random number to represent your criticals and just not use the defaul critical system.

Math.floor(Math.random()*10) Would return a number 0-9.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can think of a lot of interesting applications for that. In addition, after a good deal more searching, I also managed to find this post which has given me a good deal of direction as well. Not sure that it's completely solved my problem, but progress is progress and the more options the better. Thanks again!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today I drove through my city of 100,000+ people during rush hour and the streets were nearly empty. Just so I could go get my favorite burger. There a dental assistant (she said that's her other job, even though I didn't ask) took my order and handed me a burger. I know it's bad out there... But wow, she's either atrocious with her money, or "it really be like that".
Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoMaguire