Help: Conditional damage formula on crit...

Novic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to be able to use a different damage formula for a given skill if it crits. I recall once seeing something along the lines of
Code:
a.result.isCritical()
but I have a sneaking suspicion that only applies to VXAce.

Currently my formula looks like this:

Code:
if (b.enemyId() === 8) $gameSwitches.setValue(10,true); if (b.enemyId() === 1 && a.result.isCritical()) a.atk * 100 - b.def * 2 else a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2
(The first if statement is unrelated and is only included for the sake of completeness.)

I spent some hours now searching for an answer and have come up dry. Is there a way to accomplish this in MV?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t know if checking for criticals is possible but you could use a random number to represent your criticals and just not use the defaul critical system.

Math.floor(Math.random()*10) Would return a number 0-9.

Novic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don’t know if checking for criticals is possible but you could use a random number to represent your criticals and just not use the defaul critical system.

Math.floor(Math.random()*10) Would return a number 0-9.
Thanks for the suggestion. I can think of a lot of interesting applications for that. In addition, after a good deal more searching, I also managed to find this post which has given me a good deal of direction as well. Not sure that it's completely solved my problem, but progress is progress and the more options the better. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS