LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if i'm just being a noob, but i copied a town map so that i can make a version for after an intro cutscene with optional encounters and stuff, as well as to get rid of an event. However, once i copy it over, i can no longer delete any events. It just won't let me. Any suggestions? I'm probably just going to use switches but im curious as to what's going on!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you copy the map?
where is the project stored (full filepath please, from drive letter to project file)?

either you did something wrong in the copy process, or the file has become read-only due to something in the directory structure or so.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A file being read-only would only cause issues when you tried to save - it would not stop the events being deleted within the editor.

OP, is that what you're saying? You can't delete the event in the editor at all? It's not a case of deleting, then saving and closing, but the event is still there when you return?

Can you edit the event, and does your edit stick?
Can you right-click on the event and choose Delete from the pop-up menu?
Can you try to delete by using the delete key, then try to delete by using the backspace key - do either of them work?
Do you have a second keyboard that you can try, or do you have another computer that you could copy your project to and try to edit it?

Also, please edit your post and make your thread title more descriptive. Everyone who posts here needs help - say what you need help with.

LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Im using a Mac, currently the RMMZ File is under documents, inside that is the game project file, inside that are the usual project folders, in the data folder are all the map js files, nothing looks out of place. The code looks fine, i'm not a professional programmer, but the tiles, events, and data seem to be fine.

LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A file being read-only would only cause issues when you tried to save - it would not stop the events being deleted within the editor.

OP, is that what you're saying? You can't delete the event in the editor at all? It's not a case of deleting, then saving and closing, but the event is still there when you return?

Can you edit the event, and does your edit stick?
Can you right-click on the event and choose Delete from the pop-up menu?
Can you try to delete by using the delete key, then try to delete by using the backspace key - do either of them work?
Do you have a second keyboard that you can try, or do you have another computer that you could copy your project to and try to edit it?

Also, please edit your post and make your thread title more descriptive. Everyone who posts here needs help - say what you need help with.
To answer your questions
Yes edits stick
No, all it shows are options to search events
No, this doesn't work either
And i don't have an extra keyboard or computer unfortunately

I should probably not it only seems to be effecting events that were copied over,not ones on the original map or new events.
And sorry about the title! I will fix that!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Close it all down. Then open it and try to copy the original map to a new map again. Does the same thing happen on the new map?

After you closed and reopened, do you still have the problem with the existing map?

LittenDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sadly no, i've tried opening and closing the software multiple times :/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raikou