Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I would like to create an object that is a book, and when the player opens it, they can read the book and the text or images will appear. But as much as I try it does not come out, so if someone knows how to do it and could help me, or if there is already a post on this that I passed it in order to do it.

Thank you very much to all

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not use a common event to display text of book and set a book item like this?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what do i have to put on the common event?
Because i dont see any option to display text of book

yeahchris

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Assuming you want a book to pop up on the screen in the style of Skyrim, you would need to create the book images yourself.

And then either display the text using a show text command to superimpose the text on top of your picture of a book, or, probably preferably, you could simply make the text part of the image.

The event commands you would be using would likely be "show picture", "show text" and possibly "move picture". If you don't want the actual picture of a book, you would just need the "show text" command.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My One Map Challenge is nearing completion. I am in the multiple run testing phase atm. This is the map. Beware the minotaurs in the maze area. The female ones are more aggressive. Can you prove to the land of Winchell that a dragon and a human can love each other?
I am looking for some way to insert a video into the titlescreen
before the player presses Start Game.

I have not found a thread about it. It might be different for VX Ace compared to MV.

But from what I have seen I would change the ruby 1.9 code.
Has Shaz or someone else done this before?

Ideal end goal:
Application starts -> Video (once) -> Main Menu -> 3 min wait -> Video -> Main Menu -> 3 min wait -> ...
I will probably need this again:

So I put it here. Feels easy to access now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rd156