Help creating Skill: Wall of Fire (using YEP_BuffsStatesCore)

DestinNotDustin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am creating a skill with use from the YEP_BuffsStatesCore plugin, but struggling to add the proper Notetags and Effects.

Description:
Wall of Fire is a magic spell used by the Magician class. It erects a round curtain of fire around the caster during turn one, and thrown as a burning wave on turn 2.

How it works:
Wall of Fire is a channeling attack Skill that raises the player's magic attack and defense by 2.5x for 1 Turn. On Turn 2, Wall of Fire results in a heavy Fire damage attack. The magic attack and defense buffs are removed as well on Turn 2.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed looking at the documentation here, but I know if I'm pointed in the right direction, I can get it right. I have attached a screenshot of what I have created thus far.

Thank you,
Destin

Attachments

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you use Wall of Fire, then you have a turn where you're buffed, then the turn after your action is used to perform a fire attack?

DestinNotDustin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you use Wall of Fire, then you have a turn where you're buffed, then the turn after your action is used to perform a fire attack?
Turn 1 when Wall of Fire is cast grants two buffs + channels the next attack. Players select which enemy to target during this turn.
Turn 2, Wall of Fire is done channeling and cast. After cast, the two buffs are removed.

Its alot, I know.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the point in the buff if there's no chance to do anything but use Wall of Fire between casting it and the turn 2 effect?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The point is that you do whatever you want on turn 2, and the buff is supposed to apply. In addition, the wall will automatically dispel itself into an attack independent of whatever you choose to do on turn 2.

I think you would need to store the enemy that you target with the casting into a variable, and apply the fire wall buff to the party as a state.

Then, when they select their next action with that state on, it removes itself after resolution and triggers an attacking skill against the enemy party member with the index you stored. You'd have to include error-checking to make sure it's targeting a valid enemy, in case someone got killed in the previous turn. I'm not sure if there's a different way to approach it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr