Help, Displaying Party's Gold In Text Box

Beta4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I'm sorry. And if anyone could tell me where i can ask for help for general questions like this, I would appreciate it as well to follow the rules of the forums.

My questions are simple I think in RPG Maker MV.

How do I post in a text message box how much gold the player has. I'm basically trying to create a way to give another npc gold, so I can subract it from the player total and then show how much total money the player has given the npc throughout the coarse of the game. I guess I need to first find out how to display the player gold in a text box.

Any help would be appreciate it. Does anyone know where I can find out what the codes for displaying player stats, i.e. gold, hp, mp ect. in a text box.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainy Pride Games [RPG]

Principiant Scripter
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I don't know how to "write" it, but with \$ you can display a window with the amount of gold.

Beta4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well thanks for that tip. But I still need to know how I can display the amount of gold the player has in a text box such as "You have 4767 gold left."

But thank you for your help as well.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Go to control variables, set a variable to the party's gold, then use \V[variable_id] in the text box to display it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech Support is for getting the editors to run, not for how to do something in game development.

The answer to your question are the text codes - either the one mentioned above to display the gold window, or the use of control variable command together with the textcode for displaying variables inside the show text window. You can see the default text codes if you let the mouse hover over the text input window for a few seconds.

I also suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature, it will guide you to the tutorials where you can learn the basics of the RPG Makers

Beta4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you Mjshi, and thank you Andar as well for your kind support and advice.

Jefries

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Beta4 I'll say this now since anyway an administrator will tell you but don't double post just edit the previous comment that you made.

Beta4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry I thought I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...
Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintminstrel