Help, Displaying Party's Gold In Text Box

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Beta4, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Beta4

Beta4 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First of all, if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I'm sorry. And if anyone could tell me where i can ask for help for general questions like this, I would appreciate it as well to follow the rules of the forums.

My questions are simple I think in RPG Maker MV.

How do I post in a text message box how much gold the player has. I'm basically trying to create a way to give another npc gold, so I can subract it from the player total and then show how much total money the player has given the npc throughout the coarse of the game. I guess I need to first find out how to display the player gold in a text box.

Any help would be appreciate it. Does anyone know where I can find out what the codes for displaying player stats, i.e. gold, hp, mp ect. in a text box.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
  2. Rainy Pride Games [RPG]

Rainy Pride Games [RPG] Principiant Scripter Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    I don't know how to "write" it, but with \$ you can display a window with the amount of gold.

3. Beta4

Beta4 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well thanks for that tip. But I still need to know how I can display the amount of gold the player has in a text box such as "You have 4767 gold left."

But thank you for your help as well.

4. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Go to control variables, set a variable to the party's gold, then use \V[variable_id] in the text box to display it.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech Support is for getting the editors to run, not for how to do something in game development.

The answer to your question are the text codes - either the one mentioned above to display the gold window, or the use of control variable command together with the textcode for displaying variables inside the show text window. You can see the default text codes if you let the mouse hover over the text input window for a few seconds.

I also suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature, it will guide you to the tutorials where you can learn the basics of the RPG Makers

6. Beta4

Beta4 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you Mjshi, and thank you Andar as well for your kind support and advice.

7. Jefries

Jefries Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Beta4 I'll say this now since anyway an administrator will tell you but don't double post just edit the previous comment that you made.

8. Beta4

Beta4 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry I thought I did.