Help! Dynamic Dialogue

Monkey

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a project and I have a big question. I would like to make dialogs with NPCs a bit different from normal and put a mechanism where the player would type what he wants in a "conversation window" for the NPC that will answer something or not (similar to the dialogue with NPCs on Tibia) .

I would like to know if there is any way to do this, either with Javascript or if you know Plugins that do this.

Thank you for attention.

Edit: I'm using RMMV. :p

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think that this plugin MIGHT be what you are looking for, though the screenshots in that thread don't show up so I can't be 100% sure, and also it's a relatively old plugin so it might have compatibility problems with the new version - not sure.

I think it's worth noting that what you're asking for isn't particularly complicated from a programming sense - all you'd need to do is set up each button to enter a letter or symbol into a window, and offer a display onscreen that shows what has been typed (and allows long strings, and accepts those strings as input into, for example, a variable). If you can't find anything that exists, you can probably commission it to be made for under $50 USD (note that the Commissions sections won't appear on this site until you've posted more).

With that being said, actually making good use of such a system in a game will be MUCH harder than simply creating the system. In a text-based adventure game like Tibia appears to be, several very creative people probably spent thousands of hours coming up with different words and sentence structures to look for in each conversation, and creating branches of dialogue for each one. This is harder and more time-consuming than simply offering choices on a menu, and I'd warn you to seriously reconsider designing your game in a simpler way if you are attempting to complete your first game.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh