Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wonder if anyone could help me clear up some ambiguity about how to credit a particular artist.  The guy's website is here:http://makapri.web.fc2.com/top.html. I had thought that the name was, therefore, makapri.  However, on the site there is mention of Soichi.  Does anyone know which it is?

Also I am unsure if these resources are available for commercial games or not.  Can anyone help out on that aspect too?

Thanks

AlphaSilvr

King of the Wolves
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to know for sure as well... especially the Werewolves. :p

Anyway, after plugging the page called "First" and the top of the materials pages into Google Translate, it seems like it can be used for RPG Maker only. Pretty positive on non-commercial, but it is a translator program and I trust it about as much as I can read Japanese (I can't)... so if someone could translate for sure, I second it. :p

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As far as I can tell, it says you can use the resources in commercial projects, however you must notify the creator [whose name I can't find either, sorry] upon completing your game. You also can't use the resources in any project that is "slanderous" or offensive to a group or person. I'm guessing this means no games that could be seen as racist, homophobic or that slander any religious groups or real-world persons or countries etc.

It does also seem though that some resources may have "limits" which I assume to mean that they aren't allowed for use outside of RPG Maker software due to being made partially out of edits.

Here are the translated lines and a direct link to the terms page in case anyone else wants to take a crack at interpreting them.

Regardless Freeware (free distribution), shareware (surcharge distribution), it is available. (It can be the work of age-limited)

For the work of what you want to slander slander persons, organizations and thought of the specific, I will refuse the use of the material.

Some material, in the tool used to create game limit has. Because it is given on the public pages of each material For more information, be sure please check.

http://makapri.web.fc2.com/about.html

So, from what I can tell, e-mail them if you've made a commercial game using their resources and credit them if you use them at all. I've just re-read a couple of lines actually and it seems like you can credit them using the site address.

To read me etc. and staff roles, be sure to give me a description of the (one saw) (Kingdom of the rise and fall mentioned) or management person's name the site name.

My interpretations of the translated text may very well be wrong, we all know translated sites can be a pain so don't take my word for it. Hopefully there's someone on the forums who can understand Japanese who can help further, but that's been my understanding of it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@VexedEnigma

thanks, that was more or less how I interpreted it as well, but I would like to be sure if possible.  The name, though, is a bit of a nightmare.  I suppose I could cover all bases by doing some like Soichi, then the web address.  Would that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"How dare you!" is probably the most overused reason to start conflict.
Another day of mostly mapping in Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 7 starting now! We're making a mansion! Come watch live and join in on the chat!
Game=Forest, Feature=Tree. There's little worth in looking at a tree except in its relation to how it affects the feel of the forest.
Been a while, guys. Despite being in college now, I'm working on Season's Promise as often as I can.
Helping my sister make her game
I hope i can get some freckles for the generator soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simonbelmont88