Help for the Future Fantasy Pack MV

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by so1us, Jul 19, 2019.

1. so1us

so1us Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm fairly new when it comes to custom art and graphics.

I purchased the Future Fantasy Pack and when I opened the MV folder the character sprites look bigger than the standard 48x48 used by MV. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the tileset and sprite sizes are in this pack or how I could go about finding out?

Oh, and is there a base template of the character sprite for MV available for editing? I couldn't find one in the base folder.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the sprite size question, your sprites can be bigger than 48x48 as long as it's a multiple of 48. So a sprite size can be 96x48 or 96x144.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Uzuki sprites can be any size, there is absolutely no need to use multiples of 48. you only need to follow the rules for the structure of a sprite and any size will work.

@so1us the tileset size of any tileset officially for MV will always be 48x48 - the editor can't handle any other size.
    But since the sprite size is not fixed anywhere in the engine, several artists who don't like chibi sprites use this to create taller size for games, sprites that have the same width (48 pixel) but are higher to prevent the chibi look (after all, humans are higher than they are wide).
    I don't know what exact size that set uses (because it doesn't really matter), but at a guess from the pictures I would say something around 150% height-ratio, which would make them around 48x72 or so. But as said that is a guess.

4. so1us

so1us Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks very much, guys, appreciate the responses. I've played around with it in the editor. I think the tileset itself remains 48x48 as mentioned, but the sprites are definitely larger than default maybe around 48x72 or similar to what you mentioned. Will keep working on this, thank you!