RMMV [Help] How do I make a scene/map to appear before the title?

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what's the best terminology to describe what I intend to do but when the game starts I want to make a text screen appear before the title screen does.

For something simple and for the sake of keeping the help easy for others let's say that I want to add a disclaimer such as "This is a fictional work. Any names in the game are from imagination. Any resemblance to events or persons, living or dead, is coincidental. Blah blah blah."

ElCheffe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please check out this thread: Link

It might be a helpful script from hime to achieve this.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe you can easily do this with the MadeWithMv.js plugin, which any new MV project starts with.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

What you're after is called a Splash Screen, and @Nolonar is correct - the MadeWithMV plugin is added to projects and on by default - you can just go into your img/system (I think) folder and replace the image with the one you want to show.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's text based, than pre-title plugin by Hime mentioned by @ElCheffe
is what you need, because you can create a evented title and send than
to the main title by a choice menu or otherwise.

it gives you full control over what you want it to be.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anitalains