[HELP] how to have an attack have multiple outcomes and statuses

chrimp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So for my game, i want one of the enemies do an attack that has a sort of gamble effect. I have 5 effects that could pop up, Poison 30%, Hypnotized 25%, Sleep, 20%, Crying 15%, or Healing 10%. How could I do this? Also, each one will have custom diolague so it will have to be an event

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two ways depending on what you want.

the simple way would be to have all those effects on the skill and each one will have its own chance - but this can result in multiple effects and won't have a dialogue either.

the other way is to attach a common event to the skill and that event will then run.
however depending on which maker and how you want it to affect the battle the event can get rather complex and you might need a plugin to change timing (by default all common events are executed last on the turn)

chrimp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes, i will iron out the details... but exactly how what do i actually put in the common event?

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I think you could do something like this
result of rand(20) stored in a variable (we call it '5%').
grouping 20 conditionals* each checking from 1 to 20 against the '5%'(variable)
if the result is 1...or 4 (whatever result) cast this spell, then anything you want.

Every spell will have 5% of showing up. So you could stack more than 1 result to 'add' more chances.

1 , 2, 3 and 4 will cast 'Fire'. That would be 20% of casting that one.
5, 6 , 7 will cast 'Tornado'. That would be 15%.
8 to 14 will cast 'Heal'. That would be 35%.
and go on.

If you want to be more specific or short you should use a plugin instead of event.

*You can set more variables by using script calls.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DMike