RMMV HELP how to have two inventories in MV? ((kind of like a secondary storage))

kattongues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
((im not sure if i posted this to the right place. my bad if not))

So the game I'm working on is focused around a school during Halloween. The plot is that there is a serial killer that attends the school and you need to find clues to figure out who it is...yadda yadda

Well basically, I wanted to implement where you have a Locker and can store items/take items from your locker when you need them and even have notes appear in your locker to progress the story. So essentially, a storage unit for extra items.

Like...
say you have a bag that can only fit 10 items
your locker can fit 20.
You would transfer the items from your bag, into your locker to free up space in your bag and vise versa

I'm a n00b when it comes to scripting and wanted to know if this was possible within the engine or if i would have to install a plugin??

please help!! i really want to make this concept :kaoeh:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Piyan Glupak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was going to suggest investigating Hime's multiple inventory plugin, but ShadowDragon beat me to it.

PrimeHover did a warehouse plugin that I haven't tried out. You could try searching for for it and checking whether it would suit your needs.

If you don't mind doing a bit of eventing, saving database id numbers of items, weapons and armour, you could do it with the aid of a couple of Hime plugins (large choices and hidden choices). I do know of a plugin to let you use the editor command "Choose Item" for weapons and armour, which might make moving things into storage from your inventory a little easier.

Himeworks Large Choices: https://himeworks.com/2015/10/large-choices-mv/
Himeworks Hidden Choices: https://himeworks.com/2015/11/hidden-choice-conditions/

With Himeworks Hidden Choices, I find that you can't have text output between the code to hide choices and the "Show Choices" editor command(s).

The Yanfly message core has codes to give the names of items, weapons and armour for the database id numbers, and so would make life easier for showing what you have managed to store.

To select weapons or armour from your party's inventory this plugin uses the same type of window as in a "Choose Item" editor command:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ra-choose-items-for-weapons-or-armour.141076/
Just be aware that the author's screen name means "drunken fool" in Bulgarian.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRCMuller