Not open for further replies.

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys. I'm using rpg maker vx ace for a long time. At first I used unofficial version, but now I borrowed from friend original and I'm continuing my project. When I started making my game everything was good, but recently I changed my keyboard. New keyboard is without numpad and Immediately after I try to play ANY rpg maker vx ace game my character just moves to top left and I can't use any other movement keys. It happens with every project I open, every rpg maker vx ace game I play. Could it be because my new keyboard is without numpad ? Is there any solution for this ?(Also RPG Maker mv seems to not have same problem)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could it be because my new keyboard
another person had a similar problem recently. It is probably your keyboard or software that controls the keyboard.
remove the keyboard and check your software. Then test and confirm games work (use on screen keyboard) then plug keyboard in and see what changes (while the game is running)

You borrowed from a friend the software vx ace. is your friend still using it? Did your friend give you an extra license that he/she had?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I find that usually (but not always) simply unplugging and reconnecting your keyboard, and/or shutting down and rebooting your computer, make these "automatic movement" issues go away.

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
another person had a similar problem recently. It is probably your keyboard or software that controls the keyboard.
remove the keyboard and check your software. Then test and confirm games work (use on screen keyboard) then plug keyboard in and see what changes (while the game is running)

You borrowed from a friend the software vx ace. is your friend still using it? Did your friend give you an extra license that he/she had?
In redgards the game itself: I'm connected to my friend's account on steam through family share or st like that. Basically we use same wifi antenna in our village so we can share games. Minus is that I must go offline after I start a game or else if he starts anything on his account I will lose the access to library.
And in redgards to main topic: Wht exacly do you mean by removing keyboard ? You mean delete it from devices manager or just unplug it ?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's connected by USB or other, unplug this cable, than re-connect it.
otherwise, reboot your system and it should work again.

most movements on keyboard can be used with WASD (if used), arrows keys,
or else numpad, numpad is mostly outside and last checked for arrow keys
and should always work.

if you use a script than chances this, look into it.

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's connected by USB or other, unplug this cable, than re-connect it.
otherwise, reboot your system and it should work again.

most movements on keyboard can be used with WASD (if used), arrows keys,
or else numpad, numpad is mostly outside and last checked for arrow keys
and should always work.

if you use a script than chances this, look into it.
None of this worked. I even removed in game controls (With F1 keyboard and gamepad) and still when I startup game character just goes top left of the map. Altrough I figured that pressing down arrow key makes him go just left not top left and pressing right arrow makes him go just top not top left. Left arrow key and up arrow key aren't working at all.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont own vx ace, but it sounds either the software of the keyboard,
and sometimes you need to configure it (if it's not a simple plug and play),
otherwise, some script used that messes the keyboardsettings.

if you still have the old keyboard, unplug the new one, and insert the old keyboard,
see if that works.

if it does work, navigate to the device manager, remove the new keyboard software,
reboot your system, unplug your keyboard, and re-install the new one and see if that
work by than.

otherwise, I have no clue, are you using windows/mac/linux? what version of those?

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont own vx ace, but it sounds either the software of the keyboard,
and sometimes you need to configure it (if it's not a simple plug and play),
otherwise, some script used that messes the keyboardsettings.

if you still have the old keyboard, unplug the new one, and insert the old keyboard,
see if that works.

if it does work, navigate to the device manager, remove the new keyboard software,
reboot your system, unplug your keyboard, and re-install the new one and see if that
work by than.

otherwise, I have no clue, are you using windows/mac/linux? what version of those?
Using win 10 system. And it's impossible to script mess up the keyboard settings. Simply because it happens the same in my project and in other rpg maker vx ace game the thing 2 rpg. Also in withces house, also in many many rpg games.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And it's impossible to script mess up the keyboard settings. Simply because it happens the same in my project and in other rpg maker vx ace game the thing 2 rpg. Also in withces house, also in many many rpg games.
So, it was mentioned and it appears you haven't done it yet... - Check your software. Some keyboards have software that comes with it. It is likely that this is the problem. Also did you do what I suggested?
Unplug the keyboard and then play the game. does the character move then?

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, it was mentioned and it appears you haven't done it yet... - Check your software. Some keyboards have software that comes with it. It is likely that this is the problem. Also did you do what I suggested?
Unplug the keyboard and then play the game. does the character move then?
I removed my newly installed software and it did nothing. Also opened on screen keyboard and unplugged keyboard. And it didn't help. Just like my character was possesed and was moving on his own. :D

Typical

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally guys !!!!!! Thank you so much !!!! :kaoluv: I solved it. And it f*****g so frustrated me I was about to throw my computer out the window. But its story time. I bought a cheap controller and after 6 months or so my left axis didnt worked. So I downloaded a program called vJoy device driver that could change the buttons( like x button is RT and so on). Didn't know tho that it crawled into my devices like a tick. It messed up my controller settings so I removed it from my devices list. I thought it was over but I discovered it now that it automatically made itself autostart and I had to uninstall it to break free of these chains of frustration. Thanks again guys for tips it really helped. @Roninator2 @ShadowDragon @Wavelength

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
keep track of those software later on, and remember it, some keyboard changes
to joystick/controller for psp/xbox etc, can have a switch when used, sometimes
required mostly for game simulator, than buttons dont work, and need to alter.

there is mostly a "Main" and "customX" Main is always active if CustomX is
not used or software is open.

Main is your keyboard, CustomX = 1, 2, 3, 4, etc depending on the software
you need to use when this software is open.

if it hadn't this option, it can screw your keyboard.

if you keep note of software of this kind, look into this the next time
this kind of things happen again and your good to go =)

I am happy you solved your issue, so good luck on your project further.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At first I used unofficial version, but now I borrowed from friend original and I'm continuing my project.

I just want to say ... this is still piracy.

Let us know when you have purchased your own legal version. Ace is incredibly cheap these days, especially when there is a sale on.

Given the evidence, we heavily suspect that you are using a pirated RPG Maker, which is not tolerated here and we have an instant-ban policy regarding this. You have now been banned. If you feel we were incorrect and you have been falsely accused, you can send us a support question with proof of your purchase of the RPG Maker to revert our decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Figured I would start posting what I am working on here. Anyways, a quest system plugin I have been working on:
20mgjmZ.png

What features would yall like to see in a quest system?
Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissOclock