Help & ideas with alternative battle system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Davox, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Davox

Davox Archimage Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, i've been trying to find alternatives to the default battle system in RPG MV, i found THIS GEM:
    its called PRABS or something, it look gorgeous, but i need some help to apply this to MV:aswt2:. anyway if you had some more ideas, tips or another system that look like this i would be really grateful:kaoluv:
    ~Davox~

2. ImaginaryVillain

ImaginaryVillain Villain in Event Wonderland Veteran

First Language:
    Event Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Davox

Davox Archimage Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much!!:kaojoy:
    The Chrono Engine looks amazing,i see the ABS Alpha it's a bit simpler, and i'm currently developing my first medium project, so i don't want to make it all really complex.
    P.S: what are your opinions about real time combats? sometimes it's a bit messy and i get lost in the screen xD

5. ImaginaryVillain

ImaginaryVillain Villain in Event Wonderland Veteran

First Language:
    Event Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well as I'm building my own personalized ABS for my own game, I think we can all agree where I stand on action combat. :LZSwink: Speaking of which, when I first started I was using https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/09/13/mv-map-projectiles/ It might be worth a look if you're looking for something that's not very complex. I liked it a lot except for two things.... 1. Projectiles could only initiate a common event/flip a switch on impact. 2. I had no idea how to make it work with Terrax Lighting. So if neither of those are a problem, you might look into it.

As for messy, yeah some action combat like bullet hell stuff is just more than I want on a screen at a time. I think the golden rule is the player should be able to reasonably realize the danger and have a fair amount time to react to it. Not too long, but if it requires the reaction speed of a 12 year old Fornite player after 3 cans of Monster... It's probably too fast. :LZSlol: