Help in saving a variable or a switch value and use it before loading a save file.

Magusalfador

AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so Im using a plug in that runs an event before going into the title screen. In this event (among other things)I prompt the player to chose a language, then goes to the title screen. The thing is i want this choosing language only appear the first time they play the game but since Control variables and switches values will load only after a load file, I cant check for a switch to determine if player has passed the choosing language scene or not.

Im guessing that there are some values that loads before everything else(like plug in parameters). So anyone can point me on the right direction?

How Can i accomplish this?

Thanks!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like you're after some kind of global save system, which can save some "settings" that can be shared by all games.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are plugins that can synchronize switches and variables you want across all saves out there. This will do the trick.

Magusalfador

AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys. None of the plug ins you posted worked (compatibility issues) BUT I found one very similar that does what I need.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231