Help: Item that changes class

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by b_mik, Sep 15, 2015.

1. b_mik

b_mik Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    class question.jpg

Hi. I am trying to make items in my game which when used can change a characters class. There will only be four characters in the game. The image is how I would like (or think it would happen) You would select the item in the menu and it would ask who would like to use the item. You select the character and click yes. (This is how I figure I would work around rpg maker wanting class change to affect a single actor.) And when you click yes it changes the characters class. Problem is I don't know how to make the first step work. Can anyone give me advice as to what needs to go into the common event box at the start to have the item start the branch questions. Please and thank you. 

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your problem is that you deleted the names for the actors, and that prevents you from seeing which command goes where.

The first option of the "change class" command is to select the actor for which the command should work - but because you deleted the names, that option lists all actors as [] instead of [actorname] and you can't identify which actor is the target for the command.

Always name everything - give the actors temporary names even if you plan to have the player rename them, and you will be able to see where you selected the wrong actor for the commands.

Other than that you need to delete the script command (unless that does something else) and give the item that you want to call the common event the effect of that CE-Call.

If you have problems with that part, post a screenshot of the item page in the database.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  4. b_mik

b_mik Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Yea the [] Was just a place holder till I named the characters. But the Item command event is what I was looking for thanks.