Help: Item that changes class

b_mik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
class question.jpg

Hi. I am trying to make items in my game which when used can change a characters class. There will only be four characters in the game. The image is how I would like (or think it would happen) You would select the item in the menu and it would ask who would like to use the item. You select the character and click yes. (This is how I figure I would work around rpg maker wanting class change to affect a single actor.) And when you click yes it changes the characters class. Problem is I don't know how to make the first step work. Can anyone give me advice as to what needs to go into the common event box at the start to have the item start the branch questions. Please and thank you. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your problem is that you deleted the names for the actors, and that prevents you from seeing which command goes where.

The first option of the "change class" command is to select the actor for which the command should work - but because you deleted the names, that option lists all actors as [] instead of [actorname] and you can't identify which actor is the target for the command.

Always name everything - give the actors temporary names even if you plan to have the player rename them, and you will be able to see where you selected the wrong actor for the commands.

Other than that you need to delete the script command (unless that does something else) and give the item that you want to call the common event the effect of that CE-Call.

If you have problems with that part, post a screenshot of the item page in the database.

Last edited by a moderator:

b_mik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Yea the [] Was just a place holder till I named the characters. But the Item command event is what I was looking for thanks. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee